PDA

View Full Version : Good day fly fishing this weekend

Trackdays
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Went out early and it was pretty slow but then picked up just after lunch for a good 2 hours. Boatman were active and fish were shallow. Here is a pic of a decent 18 inch fatty. After a long winter the time has come again to relax and fish on the lake. I don't normally keep many fish throughout the season, but I do usually keep a few in the spring after ice off. Once it gets warm they start tasting muddy anyways and its just catch and release.

Lambo
04-23-2012, 04:03 PM
What is boatman? (sorry, I'm new to fly fishing)

BGSH
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Went out early and it was pretty slow but then picked up just after lunch for a good 2 hours. Boatman were active and fish were shallow. Here is a pic of a decent 18 inch fatty. After a long winter the time has come again to relax and fish on the lake. I don't normally keep many fish throughout the season, but I do usually keep a few in the spring after ice off. Once it gets warm they start tasting muddy anyways and its just catch and release.

Cool catch where abouts did you get out, great pic.

pike_king780
04-23-2012, 04:49 PM
What is boatman? (sorry, I'm new to fly fishing)

Boatmen are just one of albertas water bugs, nothing special lol

goldscud
04-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Boatman:
http://www.insectsofalberta.com/waterboatman_2.htm

Thundercatcher
04-23-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm am inching to get out and catch some bows at a local trout pond. Looks like the ice is off. Pm me the lake.