PDA

View Full Version : Abu-Garcia warrenty!!!

fishermansfriend
04-23-2012, 06:03 PM
So last year i broke the tip off of my abu-garcia veritas 1 pc and didnt have any proof of purchase so i called to see what they would do if anything.

They asked for pictures of the rod and the spot where it was broke so i did so and now am happy to say i have a new rod on the way for 50% off. :sHa_shakeshout:

Anyone else have any thing to say about warrenties or other good companys who stand by there products.

YeeHaw
04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Had a berkley ugly stick snap fourth guide up while battling a ten lb pike, they sent me a coupon for a new one in the mail, plus a tshirt that was to small.but its the thought that counted.

ronnyboy
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Shimano stands by there products as well,bought a new volatise series rod last year,ultra light rod + 8 pound walleye under the boat.........snap........made my way to bass pro in Airdrie replaced it no questions asked

Shmag
04-23-2012, 07:48 PM
So last year i broke the tip off of my abu-garcia veritas 1 pc and didnt have any proof of purchase so i called to see what they would do if anything.

They asked for pictures of the rod and the spot where it was broke so i did so and now am happy to say i have a new rod on the way for 50% off. :sHa_shakeshout:

Anyone else have any thing to say about warrenties or other good companys who stand by there products.

If you would of broke a Fenwick rod. You would more than likely get a FREE rod without sending a pic. Awesome no questions asked warranty

outandabout
04-23-2012, 08:28 PM
:confused: I'm sorry...but the rod manufactures will replace a broken rod? I honestly didnt know that...I have been buying cheaper rods all along...even winced alittle buying the wife a $100 Fenwick...though she loves it and thats what matters:love0025:.
But they will really do this? If so...I might need to go shopping:scared0018:

Shmag
04-23-2012, 09:09 PM
:confused: I'm sorry...but the rod manufactures will replace a broken rod? I honestly didnt know that...I have been buying cheaper rods all along...even winced alittle buying the wife a $100 Fenwick...though she loves it and thats what matters:love0025:.
But they will really do this? If so...I might need to go shopping:scared0018:

I love my Fenwick rods, and yes there has been alot of stories on here of guy's asking Fenwick how much a rod tip is or how much to replace one only to have a new one sent free. They go above and beyond backing their product....

yada
04-23-2012, 10:16 PM
um.. i dont like the bass pro shop warenty.. just saying..

fishermansfriend
04-23-2012, 11:21 PM
If you would of broke a Fenwick rod. You would more than likely get a FREE rod without sending a pic. Awesome no questions asked warranty

If i would have had proof of purchase it woulda been a no questions type of thing.

also you mention getting a new tip.. they didnt ask for the old rod back so question is how hard is it to replace the tip and how much??

um.. i dont like the bass pro shop warenty.. just saying..

Normally they will just tell you to go through the manufacturer (sp)

Geezle
04-23-2012, 11:25 PM
I know two people who had these rods (2 piece MH though) who had the tips broken off while fighting small fish - one was a 2ish lb walleye and the other I believe was a goldeye. I think they had a bad batch of them go out, which is probably why they wanted to see the break, though I'm only guessing at that.

Both had the rods replaced at the store and as far as I know the replacements are just fine :)

fishermansfriend
04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
I know two people who had these rods (2 piece MH though) who had the tips broken off while fighting small fish - one was a 2ish lb walleye and the other I believe was a goldeye. I think they had a bad batch of them go out, which is probably why they wanted to see the break, though I'm only guessing at that.

Both had the rods replaced at the store and as far as I know the replacements are just fine :)

I had that happen with my shimano clarus and they replaced at the store... However my buddy let the cabin door swing shut while i was walking through and that was the end of my veritas.. I love these rods i just bought a 2 pc for my baitcast set up. i cant wait to get out and try it:):sHa_shakeshout:

and yes i got a 2 pc bait cast simply cause i dont have a boat... yet. so storage for the 1 pc i noticed was a bit of a pain in the ass.

Shmag
04-23-2012, 11:59 PM
also you mention getting a new tip.. they didnt ask for the old rod back so question is how hard is it to replace the tip and how much??
(sp)

Well if you dont need a "Professional" job done with the tip, i know there is kits you can buy, where it a new glide and beleive there is glue and some shrink wrap that just needs heat.

And is you want a "professional" job done to it, i would probably try someone like the Reel Doctor, if he cant do it he probably knows someone that can.

Either way, can't see it costing too much

curtis_rak
04-24-2012, 11:27 AM
fishermansfriend,

I too broke my Veritas in half while fishing (on the 2nd fish that i caught on it last summer) and Fishin Hole replaced mine for free.

Ive since read many reviews about the Veritas and its a common problem. Which is a shame because its the most comfortable and lightweight $100 rod ive ever owned...

mooseknuckle
04-24-2012, 11:41 AM

Being one of those guys, I can say yes the fishing hole replaced it with little hassle and since have caught some very hefty pike and it seems to hold up well. I'm thinking it was a bad batch.

thorne
04-24-2012, 12:19 PM
I had an anti-reverse ring crack in my quantum reel. I emailed them for a price on a replacement part and they emailed back in the next day looking for my address to send one out, no cost to me. That was Awsome! I got it in the mail a week later. On a more expensive deal. I have bad two serious problems on my 115 Evinrude E-Tec. One was shredded starter, the other was a blown injector. Both times I know it was from me doing stuff I shouldn't have, and both were a direct result of misuse and very bad judgements. But both items were fixed under warranty with absolutely no hassle....glad I learned on their buck! And for all you outboard guys.....SAY NO TO ETHONAL! And there is something to be said for gas treatment....:sign0161:

BobLoblaw
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
i got a 2 pc bait cast simply cause i dont have a boat... yet. so storage for the 1 pc i noticed was a bit of a pain in the ass.

Have you tried a good lubricant?:sign0068:

fishermansfriend
04-24-2012, 04:04 PM

ill try it now.. i am assuming you know what works best??:sHa_shakeshout:

Redfrog
04-24-2012, 05:51 PM

Oh I am so gonna use that..................the question i mean.:sHa_shakeshout: