PDA

View Full Version : parker's minnow

coyotezh
04-23-2012, 10:00 PM
can anyone tell me where to buy those minnows? A fishman gave me some today...looks so fresh....I forgot to ask where he bought it...

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Fishing hole , wholesale I think has em .

npauls
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Parkers are super tough to find down here most of the time.

If you can find out what a case of them would cost could you let me know BBJ?

I may get you to pick me up a case of them if it is cheap enough.

Alberta Bigbore
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Marine Madness & Sports in Edmonton has them.

167st and 110ave I think

04-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Parkers are super tough to find down here most of the time.

If you can find out what a case of them would cost could you let me know BBJ?

I may get you to pick me up a case of them if it is cheap enough.

Those aren't the ones I get but can order em I'll make a call tomorrow .

Lambo
04-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Parkers are my favorite. It will last several freeze thaw cycles and won't fall apart. I used to get them at the Red Basket convenience store in Brooks on my way to Newell. Not sure if they still carry them though.

horsetrader
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
I have 10 tubs still in the freezer TFH get them maybe once a year I buy what i can Very hard to get..

Walleye101
04-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Cabelas

Lornce
04-24-2012, 09:26 AM
There are some on the Edmonton Kijiji now

horsetrader
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
There are some on the Edmonton Kijiji now

Yep just seen it, it is for Marine madness good pick AB

coyotezh
04-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Yep just seen it, it is for Marine madness good pick AB

Called. Out of stock long time ago

208prov
04-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Called. Out of stock long time ago

I called today and they said they had lots April 24 at 2 pm

coyotezh
04-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I called today and they said they had lots April 24 at 2 pm

really?!! a lady picked my phone today's afternoon and even let me hold in order to check if there is any left... the final answer is "no".

I asked when those minnow will be available again. she promised me to give me a call after she figure it out. no phone so far. I may call again tomorrow....

bushnell
04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Parkers are the best(spotted shiners). They are hard to come by,just used my last tub this last saturday. Now have to wait until TFH gets more and buy another case or 2.

208prov
04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
really?!! a lady picked my phone today's afternoon and even let me hold in order to check if there is any left... the final answer is "no".

I asked when those minnow will be available again. she promised me to give me a call after she figure it out. no phone so far. I may call again tomorrow....

I talked toa guy in the fishing department, he said they had lots

bushnell
04-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Really does anyone truly beleive what MMS has to sell,just go back back and check previous posts.

horsetrader
04-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I will have to go in tomorrow and check I could use more if they have them.

horsetrader
04-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Went to marine maddness today no parkers and they don't know when or if they will get anymore.

Geezle
04-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Went to marine maddness today no parkers and they don't know when or if they will get anymore.

Thanks for the update horse :)

04-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the update horse :)

I know a guy that knows a guy who knows the guy to get them lmao . I think I told you already .

Geezle
04-26-2012, 07:57 AM
I know a guy that knows a guy who knows the guy to get them lmao . I think I told you already .

Hey, I think I know that guy! :lol:

horsetrader
04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey, I think I know that guy! :lol:

I don't but I do know a guy that knows him.......:)

Shmag
04-26-2012, 07:39 PM
I talked toa guy in the fishing department, he said they had lots

lol...funny, there's alot of people working fishing counters that dont know what parkers are. We drove in from slave and phoned a bunch of places...finally WSS in the south end said they had parkers. I said set a few aside for us and he said they have lots....i should of known better....drove accross the city to find out they were just normal shiners. Grrrrr....Good luck finding them.

Just curious...does anyone know if they get them through out the summer or just late fall and thats it ??? Can't say i have ever seen them anywhere north of edmonton...

bobalong
04-26-2012, 08:57 PM
The demand for parkers has almost trippled over the past few years and the supplier can not keep up. Due to the shortage there are quite a few people that now buy a case when they do come in, so they are gone fairly quick.

horsetrader
04-26-2012, 09:36 PM
The demand for parkers has almost trippled over the past few years and the supplier can not keep up. Due to the shortage there are quite a few people that now buy a case when they do come in, so they are gone fairly quick.

Yep it is the only way I get a call when they come in and I get what I want for the season then.

TyreeUM
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
what does Mr. Parker do to these minnows to make them so fantastic?

horsetrader
04-26-2012, 10:10 PM

It is the type of minnow and where they come from to.

bobalong
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM

Actually I talked to the distributor here a few years back, and he said that the supplier's trick is that he does not kill the minnows, he starves them and vacumm packs them. Sounds sort of weird because the minnows always seem sort of "plump", but I do know they are the only minnow I have ever used that holds its firmness, even after they been thawed and frozen a couple of times.

Big Red 250
04-26-2012, 11:48 PM
It is the type of minnow and where they come from to.

So, where are they caught from.

horsetrader
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
So, where are they caught from.

They come from Manitoba but the minnows I believe come from closer to North Dakota

04-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I called PArker Minnows the other day they havnet started netting yet , but soon .

They come from Manitoba but the minnows I believe come from closer to North Dakota

Actually they net out of dawson bay which is Lake Winnepegosis which is about 550 km north west of Winnipeg .

Geezle
04-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Slightly off topic, but I really like the Candle Lake shiners...not quite as nice as the Parker's but a close second.

The Walleye Master ones seem to be the worst that I've come across, and they're an absolute last resort.

Shmag
04-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Slightly off topic, but I really like the Candle Lake shiners...not quite as nice as the Parker's but a close second.

The Walleye Master ones seem to be the worst that I've come across, and they're an absolute last resort.

Ya, the candle lk shiners are my second choice...usually as thats our only choice up north...just no variety.

Sure been noticing more and more perch minnows in the candle lk tubs though.

horsetrader
05-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I called PArker Minnows the other day they havnet started netting yet , but soon .

Actually they net out of dawson bay which is Lake Winnepegosis which is about 550 km north west of Winnipeg .

Got my case of parkers last week SORRY was not able to post they were in ..Was on a <<<<HOLIDAY>>>

chubbdarter
05-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Got my case of parkers last week SORRY was not able to post they were in ..Was on a <<<<HOLIDAY>>>

you take alot of holidays.....lol.....feel refreshed buddy?

reserve your Parkers at the Hole or you will disappointed when this years stock comes in

horsetrader
05-10-2012, 12:06 AM
you take alot of holidays.....lol.....feel refreshed buddy?

reserve your Parkers at the Hole or you will disappointed when this years stock comes in

I work hard I need lots of holidays lololol and yes i'm ready to raise some heck

Geezle
05-10-2012, 08:09 AM

Glad to see you're back in form! :lol:

208prov
05-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Any minnows available yet???