PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around Lethbridge

Meg
04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
I was wondering what some of the forum's members favorite places to fish around Lethbridge are.

My bf and I are hoping to get a lot more fishing in this summer and some new places would be great. We tend to default to Park Lake or, if we drive somewhere, to Heningers or Gold Spring.
Doesn't really matter what is in the water, I'm still new-ish to the fishing thing and like learning more about what's out there, but the bf is partial to trout.

So what are some recommended spots? Within an hour or two or three?
Or as I tend to to work until 6pm on Saturdays, a good place to go out to, throw up a tent and fish in the morning?

Thank you :)

Pudelpointer
04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Lots of great fishing out west. You can leave work, be in the mountains by 8, set camp and still get a bit of fishing in on the most beautiful freestone streams.

Are you fly fishing or chucking gear?

If fly fishing, see above.

If fishing gear / bait, head for the lakes.

Zenfishdude
07-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I was just there on Saturday. I caught about 9 Yellow Perch using a red ice cream and Catatonic Leech pattern on a fly rod from my float tube. There are tons of perch in there of various sizes. I didn't have any luck with Pike or Trout. If you're not fly fishing, then spin casting with red maggots, I'm sure you'll be as successful with the perch from shore.