PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lake Fishing (Norhwest of Hinton)

charlie
04-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi, I'am going to be to do some fishing in August this year and am thinking of going to Rock Lake in the Willmore Wilderness by Hwy 40. What kind of fish are in there? What are the good spots? and what is the depth of the lake? any other info, details and tips about rock lake would be greatley appreciated! thank you in advance for your replies,

Happy Fishing!

Spidey
04-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Lakers and Pike in the lake and brookies (I think) in the river outflow. August will put you in hard for the lake but the river areas should be ok.

Really nice spot to camp. The road in can get pretty rutted out though.

greylynx
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Lakers and Pike in the lake and brookies (I think) in the river outflow. August will put you in hard for the lake but the river areas should be ok.

Really nice spot to camp. The road in can get pretty rutted out though.

Spidey: You should have seen the road or trail 40 years ago.

winged1
04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Spidey: You should have seen the road or trail 40 years ago.

Found it good for the vehicles that typically used it in the day. Mine was a shiney new 76' Ford Bronco.

Don't forget dry flying the whites along the north shore in the midday sun. They'll break away from the school and shoot the 20' to the surface for a bite.

SonnyJ
04-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Hi, I'am going to be to do some fishing in August this year and am thinking of going to Rock Lake in the Willmore Wilderness by Hwy 40. What kind of fish are in there? What are the good spots? and what is the depth of the lake? any other info, details and tips about rock lake would be greatley appreciated! thank you in advance for your replies,

Happy Fishing!

Trolling a 3/8 oz blue/silver Lil Cleo works for me..

93 feet deep btw..