PDA

View Full Version : Smokercraft Phantom 182

Lambo
04-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Thinkin of buying one of these for my next boat...

Anyone own one or know of someone who has one?
I like how the windshield/cockpit is more forward than other walleye boats - smaller bow but more room in the back to fish. It has the welded windshield, all metal ruggud construction throughout - no carpet or frilly padded vinyl. Has the enclosed top with drop curtain. No live well though.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-26-2012, 12:07 AM
I looked at that boat , when I was boat shopping , liked the tracker better plus the 500 or 1000 gift card is a bonus .

Kingfisher
04-26-2012, 12:46 AM
Nice looking boat. I like the room it has inside because of the forward windshield.

Rob

TROLLER
04-26-2012, 06:35 PM
I will tell you on a warm sunny aftenoon you will wish you had some carpet.

The floor gets so hot it will burn your feet. The marine carpet can be cleaned by a pressure washer. I do mine twice a year at the local car wash.

Smoker Craft makes a decent boat and if you buy one you will get years of fun for sure.

Shmag
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Sure looking like they are pushing more towards a jet boat design inside. Never would of thought that from smokercraft

Lambo
04-26-2012, 11:04 PM
I will tell you on a warm sunny aftenoon you will wish you had some carpet.

The floor gets so hot it will burn your feet. The marine carpet can be cleaned by a pressure washer. I do mine twice a year at the local car wash.

Smoker Craft makes a decent boat and if you buy one you will get years of fun for sure.

Ya, I had a smokercraft promag 172 for 6 years - loved it but just sold it. Looking for something with more room but not much longer. I usually wear shoes or sandals in the boat so hot floor won't be an issue.

Lambo
04-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Sure looking like they are pushing more towards a jet boat design inside. Never would of thought that from smokercraft

I like the cab-forward jet boat design except with an outboard. The inboard engine takes up too much floor space.

pelada trochu
04-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Ya, I had a smokercraft promag 172 for 6 years - loved it but just sold it. Looking for something with more room but not much longer. I usually wear shoes or sandals in the boat so hot floor won't be an issue.

U have to see the 172xl from smoker 96 inch beam. Beauty rear live well same length. Kinda copied the tracker with rod storage on gunnels

Lornce
04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
I looked at that boat , when I was boat shopping , liked the tracker better plus the 500 or 1000 gift card is a bonus .

X2 I just need to pick up a full front canopy for mine. I prefer the room I have both back and front.