PDA

View Full Version : Trespassing

Tim1
04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
I would like to thank the people who thought it was their right to drive where they wanted to scout for a camping spot for the 2012 elk season in WMU102 on April 21, 2012. These people drove past two signs both stating FOOT ACCESS ONLY, and one sign also stating PRIVATE ROAD. They drove through an open gate and then approximately 3 kms farther they came to a closed gate that they felt they had the right to open and drive through. This field contained 550 head of cows calving. When confronted by a friend of mine, they told him they thought it was the Pinhorn lease. They did admit they had seen the signs but had no excuse for proceeding. These people should be thankful it was my friend and not me who found them or they would most definately be facing charges. PLEASE at the very least have a few months off to make an attempt at making a living on this land without having to deal with ignorance like this. These type of so called hunters or outdoorsmen blacken the eyes of the sport and make it very tough for the true hunters and outdoorsmen to enjoy their sports. thank you.

Flyfisher87
04-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I would like to thank the people who thought it was their right to drive where they wanted to scout for a camping spot for the 2012 elk season in WMU102 on April 21, 2012. These people drove past two signs both stating FOOT ACCESS ONLY, and one sign also stating PRIVATE ROAD. They drove through an open gate and then approximately 3 kms farther they came to a closed gate that they felt they had the right to open and drive through. This field contained 550 head of cows calving. When confronted by a friend of mine, they told him they thought it was the Pinhorn lease. They did admit they had seen the signs but had no excuse for proceeding. These people should be thankful it was my friend and not me who found them or they would most definately be facing charges. PLEASE at the very least have a few months off to make an attempt at making a living on this land without having to deal with ignorance like this. These type of so called hunters or outdoorsmen blacken the eyes of the sport and make it very tough for the true hunters and outdoorsmen to enjoy their sports. thank you.

x2. I agree with everything you have said here. Being the son of a cattle rancher, this is all too familiar to me. When November comes around every year, it is a full time babysitting job just keeping all the wrong doers off the land. The No Trespassing signs are easily legible. You'd have to be legally blind to miss them. For years, I have wanted to keep everyone off, but we all know in a perfect world that isn't possible. We have a lot of great people that return to hunt on our land every year and abide by the rules. They are considered friends. There is just a select few that seem to think the rules don't apply to them, trespassing, poaching, leaving gates open, cutting fences, littering, overnight camping, fires, heaven forbid shooting livestock, and illegal guiding are just some of the things we encounter every year. It boils my blood to no end. People have no respect anymore.

leeaspell
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM

Highwildfree, is that you? Were they driving a black dually?

ishootbambi
04-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Highwildfree, is that you? Were they driving a black dually?

im pretty sure i know who it is and it aint chris.

seems a little odd at this time of year for dummies to be doing their thing, but i guess there is no time limit for it.....

dale7637
04-27-2012, 09:39 AM
im pretty sure i know who it is and it aint chris.

seems a little odd at this time of year for dummies to be doing their thing, but i guess there is no time limit for it.....

It truly is unfortunate that stupid doesnt take holidays.

Mark
04-27-2012, 12:27 PM
No excuse for that kind of behaviour. They should have been charge!
These type of people spoil it for everybody.

At least that's my opinion.

tim1
04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
This is not only stupidity but ignorance and lack of respect. I have not even mentioned the extreme fire hazzard and high winds we have experienced this spring. These clowns do not realize they are putting our business in jeopardy when the access lands without permission.

Pudelpointer
04-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Please charge these people. If you have a plate number, call it in.

I am tired of people doing this crap; it only serves to alienate landowners and steal opportunity from those of us who take the time and effort to seek permission.

Fishertroy
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum here, I have to agree that the tresspassing should not be tolerated. That owner should be pressing charges, esspecially after they said that they saw the signs. No excuses after that.

NCC
04-27-2012, 01:52 PM
If you press charges you will not only be frustrated with the trespassers, but also with the RCMP and the court system.