PDA

View Full Version : Fish Cameras

WayneChristie
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Question about storage, I have an Aquaview and am wondering what other people do for storage. Im not sure how soon I will be using it, at least 2 weeks maybe the whole season, I dont know yet. I just left it on with the lights turned on for a day to kill it, now I just finishing charging it up. I assume it will store better with a full charge or is that incorrect? If I leave it long term should I kill and recharge it once a month? just using the battery that came with the camera.

The Fisherman Guy
04-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Always store a battery charged, or you will lose reserve capacity.

Try not to drain the battery to fully dead, it again will cause you to lose reserve capacity.

Store your unit in a dry place, with a charged battery, but disconnected. If you can throw a dessicant pack (Silica Gel - Check shoeboxes) in with the unit, any extra moisture will be absorbed and will help keep your unit corrosion free.

thorne
04-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Always store a battery charged, or you will lose reserve capacity.

Try not to drain the battery to fully dead, it again will cause you to lose reserve capacity.

Store your unit in a dry place, with a charged battery, but disconnected. If you can throw a dessicant pack (Silica Gel - Check shoeboxes) in with the unit, any extra moisture will be absorbed and will help keep your unit corrosion free.

Spot on..do exactly this. I have batteries which are 8 years old and still hold a good charge doing exactly what is described above.

WayneChristie
04-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys

TJG
04-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Assuming its a 7 or 9 amp hour battery, they say to charge them between:
Once every 1-3 months, charge to full capacity.

Question about storage, I have an Aquaview and am wondering what other people do for storage. Im not sure how soon I will be using it, at least 2 weeks maybe the whole season, I dont know yet. I just left it on with the lights turned on for a day to kill it, now I just finishing charging it up. I assume it will store better with a full charge or is that incorrect? If I leave it long term should I kill and recharge it once a month? just using the battery that came with the camera.