PDA

View Full Version : Rio VersaTip

TyreeUM
04-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Anyone purchased a rio versatip line? I am interested to hear your comments, thanks!

Kingfisher
04-27-2012, 06:35 PM
I have one for my 8wt. What is it you'd like to know? I have had it for about 6 years. It is a good line that I have used and caught pike, walleye, bonefish, baracuda, and all species of trout.

The tips are very handy and easy to change. The line has lasted me about twice as long as I had expected and is still in decent shape today.

Rob

TyreeUM
04-28-2012, 03:26 AM
I have one for my 8wt. What is it you'd like to know? I have had it for about 6 years. It is a good line that I have used and caught pike, walleye, bonefish, baracuda, and all species of trout.

The tips are very handy and easy to change. The line has lasted me about twice as long as I had expected and is still in decent shape today.

Rob

I was mostly interested in how it holds up, how easy they are to change, and how well they turn over. Thanks Rob, I appreciate your input.

Daceminnow
04-29-2012, 12:03 AM
I was mostly interested in how it holds up, how easy they are to change, and how well they turn over. Thanks Rob, I appreciate your input.

i've never used the line, but started using the versaleaders in conjunction with rio gold 6wt wf floating. i've used the 7' 3.9ips red loop and the 12' 7.0ips black loop. they both turn over well for me although the 12' leader is heavy and does get down fast. great for shore fishing sharp dropping shorelines on mountain lakes. loop to loop connections make changing out or taking off simple. they work well.

Dace