PDA

View Full Version : Moose draw

rudicanada
04-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi at all,
for which WMU in AB can I get a gerneral moose draw, without a draw? I hope somebody can help me a bit.....
Thx so much!!!!

lone wolf
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi at all,
for which WMU in AB can I get a gerneral moose draw, without a draw? I hope somebody can help me a bit.....
Thx so much!!!!

How far North do you want to go ......... ?

Seriously though, go to the AlbertaRELM site, and look for the draw summary statistics that they publish every year. Here you will find the zones that are undersubscribed. There are a few that have large numbers of moose tags for the taking .................. when you look at he map you will understand why, as they are quite remote, with very limited ground access.

whitetailhntr
04-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Except for the bow zones, wmu 212 and 248, the rest of the province is pretty much on draw. There maybe is a general tag available in some the very nothern zones but I'm not sure of that. Check out the regs online to verify. There are some zones that are undersubcribed every year but they are usually way up there....

TBark
04-27-2012, 09:15 PM
General draw ? Or do you mean general tag ?
I believe all zones were draw, but lots of undersubscribed tags available, info is out in Aug, for call in early Sept.

TBark

riden
04-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Except for the bow zones, wmu 212 and 248, the rest of the province is pretty much on draw. There maybe is a general tag available in some the very nothern zones but I'm not sure of that. Check out the regs online to verify. There are some zones that are undersubcribed every year but they are usually way up there....

There are some northern WMU's that are draw, however all the tags never are drawn so you can get one undersubscribed. I don't know if a general tag in the north.

Again, draw summary will help with that.

walking buffalo
04-27-2012, 09:57 PM
All Any legal weapon (rifle) moose seasons are on a draw. Some archery only wmus and seasons are available with a general licence.

As mentioned, an undersubscribed licence may be available for some rifle seasons. Here's the link to see what was available last year.

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting/LicencesFees/UndersubscribedLicences/Moose.aspx

MikeK
04-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Try reading regulations like everyone else

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
:angry3::angry3::angry3:wher i hunt its a freakin priority 9
i got my license at age 12 first try and i will be twenty one befor i get drawn for general moose!:angry3::angry3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

Iskra
04-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi at all,
Thx so much!!!!

How can you get a general moose draw without a draw?

wet work
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
a draw without a draw? If I'm reading your mail right, the further north the better...or pick up a bow

Lefty-Canuck
04-27-2012, 11:50 PM
1st thing....no such thing as a "general moose draw"

.....you can buy a general moose tag which will mostly limit you to bow hunting only during bow season....

.....you can start entering draws and wait 3-10 years like the rest of us :)

LC

IHUNT
04-28-2012, 07:17 AM
If your willing to spend a bit of money to go hunting put in for areas like 530 531 and you will pretty much be guarinteed a tag. But they are very remote and most likely will haveto hunt with a boat or fly in with float plane.