PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Lake on May Long

clayton magnet
04-29-2012, 01:40 PM
This is my first time starting a thread here and I was hoping someone on this forum might be able to help me.

I am headed to Smoke Lake (near Fox Creek) for May long weekend and I would like to tie into some walleye. I have never fished the lake before so I came here looking for tips on where the best place to fish is.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Lefty-Canuck
04-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Keep in mind that Smoke and Iosegun are now under a draw so you cannot keep any walleye unless you were successful in the draw and hold tags.....

I like to fish water inflows and outflows in the early parts of the year for walleye.

LC

clayton magnet
04-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah I put in for the draws this year. Do you know where the inlet is on the lake?

Lefty-Canuck
04-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah I put in for the draws this year. Do you know where the inlet is on the lake?

Google is your friend.....http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Projects/Alberta-Lakes/view/?region=Peace%20and%20Athabasca%20Region&basin=Smoky%20River%20Basin&lake=Smoke%20Lake&number=27

There are two inlet/outlets on the lake.

LC

clayton magnet
04-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Much appreciated to both you and google.

Lefty-Canuck
04-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Much appreciated to both you and google.

No worries :)

If you are going to Smoke....it is worth a trip to Iosegun too....hit the inlet/outlet on the North of that lake opposite end of the boat launch....if you hook onto an anchor up there it is my Dad's :)

LC

clayton magnet
04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Haha, will do. This will be the first 'tag' lake I have fished. There is a creel going on at both lakes this year as well. Will be interesting to see how many people are aware of the regulation change.

bsnyder
04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
A few years ago i went to Smoke on the May long weekend.Was so excited after a long winter ,just as we got there and went over the last hill ,i couldnt beileve my eyes - Still frooze over???:confused:.My girlfriend says my mouth dropped open and looked like i was going to cry:scared:,-haha.After i manned up , we went to Isogun and it was open so the day was saved .:sHa_shakeshout: