PDA

View Full Version : Garbage Left Behind Getting OLD

ruttnbuckcojack
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Today the Wife, Kids and the Dogs and Myself went out to check mitchel, strubel,phyillis,beaver,birch and yellowhead lakes for remaining ice left on the lakes, Ice still the except on one. But in our venture we were discussed in the amount of garbage left behind, COME ON GUYS PIC YOUR F'N GARBAGE UP, The funny part of this is were we live there's NO TIMMIES and I'm think'n that everyone from the same general area I'm from doesn't drive the opposite direction to buy a dam coffee, so needless to say I kinda figure who's leaving gabage around (Stay in your CITY and throw your garbage around there, Quit littering up our Beautiful country)

ReconWilly
04-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Agreed, these low lifes are to ignorant to see their own behavior rubbing off on their children, assuming they have any and praying that they do not, Do your part people, if you can't afford a servant to clean up after you, what right do you have to not clean up after yourself? I don't throw my garbage over your fence into your yard, why would it be OK for you to disrespect everyones fishing holes and leave your garbage behind for other people to deal with?

Flyfisher87
04-29-2012, 03:22 PM
People like this make me sick. I witness people walking/biking on the sidewalk in front of my house and blatently throwing their garbage on my front lawn. When I confront them (from a distance) about it, I get what you would expect for language back. Even picked up some garbage while my wife and I were walking in the park yesterday. While fishing, I have picked up enough empty cans over the years to put a good down payment on a fly-in trip. No matter which body of water you go to or how far away from civilization you are, you will always find garbage of some kind.

slivers86
04-29-2012, 04:05 PM
I agree fully, except I refrain from littering!

Early season in that region it was pretty clean, never went back up, but I can only imagine the mess left behind.

Toirtis
04-29-2012, 04:19 PM
I am annoyed enough by general garbage when I am out, but fishing-related garbage really ticks me off.

pikergolf
04-29-2012, 04:46 PM
My dog finds all that crap, sigh... guess I'll have to start packing a garbage bag with me. Drum sticks, vienna wennie can, man I've seen just about everything and the pup has had his feaking lips wraped around all of it! lol

tight line
04-30-2012, 07:41 AM
ITS ALL THEM gaD dANG BAIT FISHERMAN...LOL i agree though even along alot of the Mountain Streams...like carry your F-n Empties out...

ogre
04-30-2012, 02:22 PM
I disagree. EVERYONE has the potential for generating garbage. I have fished with bait and has NEVER so much as left a twist tie behind intentionally. Pretty much anything you buy from a store would have some sort of packaging material that can be discarded to become litter. So naturally this would include FLY FISHERPEOPLE, SPINCAST FISHERPEOPLE (both bait & artificial users).

If we are ALL working together to alleviate this social problem, why are you trying to segregating a certain group to scapegoat?

ITS ALL THEM gaD dANG BAIT FISHERMAN...LOL i agree though even along alot of the Mountain Streams...like carry your F-n Empties out...

the local angler
04-30-2012, 06:50 PM
what puzzles me is some of the places i fish have garbage bins provided but are never emptied and last week i was at this stocked pond the even if the anglers packed their garbage away the garbage cans were so over flowing that the wind blew the crap all over anyways so it kind defeted the whole purpose. i wonder if anyone ever changes these ??

fish_fan
05-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Today I drove by and saw the postal lady get out of her van. Walk up and rip the flyer off the mailbox and throw it on the ground. I pulled over thanked her for the job she does and then explained I teach my kids not to do that. It's littering. She looked hurt and confused. So I said I'll take that and throw it out next time bring a bag and kindly do a better job.

ice
05-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Yeah, it's sure is getting old, as are these threads
-.-

tight line
05-01-2012, 09:28 AM
just throwing a cheap shot!...lol, as i stated i see alot of garbage on the Mountain C&R -no bait allowed streams-....so its probably not bait fisherman leaving their Sh!t behind there....RIGHT???? ...I fish with bait for whites, perch,walleye, pike...and sometimes a little power bait for some big broodstocks if they arent taking the fly. whatever works is my moto. i find alot of people baitfish where they arent supposed too...so i trash em a bit. you could say the same about the snobby elitist C&R only flyfisherman though...couldnt ya!!!

ogre
05-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Real funny guy!

just throwing a cheap shot!...lol

These are not fisherpeople, these are poachers, you should REPORT them.

i find alot of people baitfish where they arent supposed too...so i trash em a bit.

No I couldn't. Snobby elitist C&R whatever, if they are legitimately out to enjoy the outdoors, stayed legal within their rights, and don't litter, they don't deserve labeling either. I'd leave them alone.

you could say the same about the snobby elitist C&R only flyfisherman though...couldnt ya!!!

ogre
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Right on! Fish Fan. You done good!

Today I drove by and saw the postal lady get out of her van. Walk up and rip the flyer off the mailbox and throw it on the ground. I pulled over thanked her for the job she does and then explained I teach my kids not to do that. It's littering. She looked hurt and confused. So I said I'll take that and throw it out next time bring a bag and kindly do a better job.

Jimboy
05-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Today the Wife, Kids and the Dogs and Myself went out to check mitchel, strubel,phyillis,beaver,birch and yellowhead lakes for remaining ice left on the lakes, Ice still the except on one. But in our venture we were discussed in the amount of garbage left behind, COME ON GUYS PIC YOUR F'N GARBAGE UP, The funny part of this is were we live there's NO TIMMIES and I'm think'n that everyone from the same general area I'm from doesn't drive the opposite direction to buy a dam coffee, so needless to say I kinda figure who's leaving gabage around (Stay in your CITY and throw your garbage around there, Quit littering up our Beautiful country)

Likely a bunch of your local hoodlems that live nearby , was out there once and a party was on , all the local teenagers were there , had there signs painted on their cars , just graduated , school was a local one , we had to leave , so before you point the finger at the big city , look in your own backyard.

ruttnbuckcojack
05-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Likely a bunch of your local hoodlems that live nearby , was out there once and a party was on , all the local teenagers were there , had there signs painted on their cars , just graduated , school was a local one , we had to leave , so before you point the finger at the big city , look in your own backyard.

So us dumb country folk are going to drive 40 min the opposite direction to buy a tmmies then drive an hour to going fishing just to leave or coffe cup laying on the road or ground, HEY DUMB ASS GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE AND BRING A GARBAGE BAG, Just to make things clear There is a large number of us dumb country folk who spend alot of time picing up garbage up from campers, fishermen, outdoorsmen that aint from no dam small town so that only lives one spot left. You can agrue till your blue in the face saying that im trying to be preduice to city people but you go ask around **** ask the local fish cops they'll tell ya. All anyone is asking is pack your garbage out lets save this country for our kids.