PDA

View Full Version : Wicked 2 hours on the BOW!!!

tacklerunner
04-30-2012, 05:40 PM
In the words of FH7, it was sick! Decided to head down and blow of some steam. Got there and the whites were jumping a performing everywhere; in the current, upstream, downstream, shallows, deep.....

Couldn't keep these buggers off my hook and purposely did not have anything resembling a worm on to try avoid them (not that they're not fun to catch). They were all really embarrased to get caught judging by their cheeks.

Got this guy

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tacklerunner/whitey1-1.jpg

Then this one eyed bandit

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tacklerunner/whitey2.jpg

Then this

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tacklerunner/whitey3.jpg

Then this

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tacklerunner/whitey4-1.jpg

Spent most of my time fighting fish. Then next cast a 17" bow with a gibbled up mouth that did some acrobatics for me 3 times about 4 feet in the air.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tacklerunner/17inchbow.jpg

THEN MY CELL PHONE DIED! :angry3: So that was the last pic.

4 casts later I hooked into a brown that bolted for the middle of the river with 3 commanding leaps in the air and the zzzzzzzzzzzzing was on. Just as I hooked her I saw the only other fisherman of the day walking up to me who excitedly offer to help me. First thing I asked if he had a camera or phone. No such luck.

This brown had me down to my backing twice and finally after stumbling over river rocks trying to keep up, about 20 minutes later, close to 1 km downstream I figured it was now or never. So my new pal, Rob hopped in the water with his net and as I struggled to guide this beast toward him... well you know what happened.

He netted it!!!

Big, fat, broad, strong 21.5" brown all of 5 pounds. Layed the tape on him quickly and then fisherman sat down on the bank for 10 minutes with fish in net in the water while they both revived. Then she swam away for another to enjoy and I walked back to my truck and called it a day.

Dissappointed I didn't get a pic of my personal best brown on the fly but VERY THANKFUL Rob was there. Thanks Rob! He's not on this forum but is on the flyfishing one and I got his handle. Told me he'd vouch for me after I asked him if he had a camera when he first appeared. :)

No pic but by far the strongest fight I've ever experienced on a 5 wt.

Edit: Note to self: leave the phone and not the camera in the truck!

commieboy
04-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Damn... I was thinking to go out today but decided to stay home and clean up. Glad someone had a productive day. Thanks for sharing!

tacklerunner
04-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Musta been the weather. Skunked yesterday.

Lefty-Canuck
04-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Sometimes all you get are the memories minus any pics.....but I have a feeling you remember every spot on that fish! Sounds like a dandy thanks for sharing. I am eager to try out those fly's you sent me last year I will give you a full report once the season opens!

LC

Bhflyfisher
04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Nice report. Yesterday was slow for us. Floated fish to mackinnon. Only managed 5 fish, (1 landed-5 LDR'd) 2 of them were rainbows, and the only other one we saw was monster brown. Biggest brown i've seen in a while. Thickest/Longest trout i've see in my life fishing on the bow. Yikes.

Jasonp
04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Congrats man!

Im very jealous, still havent caught a brown..

Dust1n
04-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Those fish are messed! the whites missing and eye and the bow is missing part of his mouth;Deffinitly sounds like an awesome day!

wildcat111
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Musta been the weather. Skunked yesterday.

i was out yesterday and got 9 rainbows and 3 browns not to mention endless amounts of white fish, started at 6 in the morning and finsih around 1:30, used a sz 14 flashback haresear w/ a chartruese gold bead head.

the local angler
04-30-2012, 06:33 PM
right on love the 3rd pic.lol

iliketrout
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Congrats TR sounds like bow properly thanked you for reporting the poachers the other day!

fishermansfriend
04-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Cant wait till i can make a thread saying i had a day like this!!!

Good job!!! Nice pics, I got the be the guy with the net the other day and i helped a guy land his first rainbow out at severn!!!

Even though i wasnt catching was sure nice to help the guy (wayne) land his first fish ever!!!

Daceminnow
04-30-2012, 08:28 PM
pics of the brown or it didn't happen................................:scared0018:

that will teach you for taking so many pics of the toothless fish. sure is nice to have a good net man though, too bad he wasn't packing a camera.:)

Dace

Alberta Bigbore
04-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Congrats on an awesome day. Got to head down there soon.

tacklerunner
04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
pics of the brown or it didn't happen................................:scared0018:

that will teach you for taking so many pics of the toothless fish. sure is nice to have a good net man though, too bad he wasn't packing a camera.:)

Dace

Your welcome! Coulda used you today buddy but knowing you, I would have been the net man again.

The Fisherman Guy
04-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Nice work TR! Great pictures, thanks for posting.

DuckBrat
04-30-2012, 09:54 PM

ReconWilly
04-30-2012, 10:18 PM
I agree with the theory that the resources are rewarding you in exchange for your recent good deeds, sounds appropriate to me, nice bounty.

tight line
04-30-2012, 11:03 PM
whities fill in the void....make catching that brown even more exciting...lol

fish on!
05-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Sounds like an awesome day! Congrats! Which part of the river were you fishing?

bullbuddy
05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Edit: Note to self: leave the phone and not the camera in the truck![/QUOTE]

or bring both and better your chances over getting your picture!:sHa_shakeshout: