PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac advice

Jasonp
04-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey guys,

So i bought a BRAND NEW 2009 Zodiac Fish n Hunt. Long story short after i attempted to launch it i found out something was wrong. I took it back to where i bought it and they found a bunch of holes. (They said was a manufacturers defect)

I obviously told him i don't want that boat back and they didnt have the same boat to replace it with so they took there time to see what they could do.

They eventually said they would give me a $500 giftcard to there location if i took the old boat back but i said i wasnt planning on buying anything there other then a boat or motor which i wont need for at least a few years.

So they came back and offered me these 2 models.

http://www.zodiacmarineusa.com/zodiac-tenders/cadet-fastroller

and

http://www.zodiacmarineusa.com/zodiac-tenders/cadet-solid

Obviously the fasttroller is probably the better bet but i am wondering if anyone has advice on what i should do? Should i just tell them to take it all back? Should i take the old boat and the $500 gift card and attempt to resell the gift card?

I am at a loss :(.

Deano85
04-30-2012, 06:37 PM
I'd want all my money back.

Jasonp
04-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Only issue is, I financed it and the first payment came out today..

Its probably a massive headache and I don't want to run my credit again because ill just goto a different place

kujo
04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
If it was a manufacture defect and they don't have the same model to replace it they have to give you the next model up for the same price. If that is what they are offering jump on it. Even if its not what you want you can sell it for more than what the original one you purchased was worth.:sHa_shakeshout:

Jasonp
04-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Ya the next one up is $500 more, it doesnt have a wooden floor like the other though. It has an inflatable one.

I will probably use whatever boat i get but its a tough decision

billie
04-30-2012, 07:56 PM
IMO, these are the only options.
1) Replace with new identical model (NOT repaired. A repair would be resonable if you had used it for a season.)
2) Replace with next model UP
3) Return full purchase price

Don't worry about the loan, you can get another boat and/or pay down the loan or any doifference. The bank would be on your side:).

FWIW I would buy a Seamax and pay down the loan.

GL and stand your ground.

fish&fry04
04-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I bought a seamax (13.8foot, $1500 from Seamax online), less than half the cost of a zodiac, put whole thing together, no air loss, looks great, service on questions and additional items has been great, good reputation. If your boat is not going to be exposed to the sun and elements all summer constantly then hypalon (zodiac) is not necessary from what I understand. I would demand a full refund if they didn't have the replacement model and were not willing to give the next size up at same price. You could look at making your own wood floor too.

TROLLER
05-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Take the whole thing back, they should refund the payment that came out and cancell the finance contract.

This should not reflect on your credit rating.

camshaft
05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Get a full refund and buy a much better inflatable at half the price. Depending on what ur needs are (ie river floats, big lakes ect) get one with thicker fabric.

It all depends on your needs and portability factor. I have had great luck with a Saturn 12footer with air floor that I use just for river floats. Just bought a 12.5 ft Seamax hd380 aluminum floor but thicker 1.2 mm fabric all around. This will be my go to boat this year.

If u must have a Zodiac, have u checked costco.ca online? Probably get a better price there, and a warranty that will allow u to simply return it no questions asked.

Jasonp
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys,

After reading your advice i realize how much of an idiot i am.. I should have shopped around more but me being young and immature has gotten the best of me.

Ive ran my credit to many times in the past 6 months between buying a car, house and a boat and therefore i was trying to avoid the dreaded credit check at another dealership.

In hindsight i should have bought what i wanted from costco as it was cheaper and as camshaft pointed out a no questions asked return policy.

I spoke with them today and they upgraded me to the 2011 Zodiac Mark 5 for an extra $500. All in all im not entirely satisfied but if i was told i could get the mark 5 for 3k when i first started shopping i would have jumped on it.

I appreciate everyones advice and i learned what to do when i want to upgrade my boat.