PDA

View Full Version : lake mcgregor/spraylakes

fishonthe run
05-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Hey guys iam new here i hope doing this right i just like to no if lake mcgregor/spraylakes are still coveed in ice. Thanks

Mariko's Rod
05-01-2012, 06:53 AM
No Ice on McGregor.

Gillfisher
05-01-2012, 08:13 AM
I went by Spray on Sat lots of ice still the resevoir is mostly frozed it is starting to melt at the East end

Gillfisher

ogre
05-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forum, Fishonthe Run.
McGregor is ice-free, but will remain close until May 8th, just one week away.
Spray lake is still mostly ice-covered, with some open spots closer to the outflow/Canmore. It is open for fishing year round.

Boer
05-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Guys I have similar questions than FishontheRun. Will I be able to fish from the boat on McGregor yet, since Spray is still iced up? If so, where is a good spot to launch?

Thanks, its great to have a forum like this.

Duramaximos
05-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Guys I have similar questions than FishontheRun. Will I be able to fish from the boat on McGregor yet, since Spray is still iced up? If so, where is a good spot to launch?

Thanks, its great to have a forum like this.

The forum is a great community but not a replacement for your regulations. Read them carefully. McGregor is currently closed to fishing.

BeeGuy
05-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Hey guys,

there are a million (maybe more) fishing regulations in Alberta. Make sure you have a provincial license and study the regional, and site specific regulations every time before you go fishing.

There is a special national park license needed for Waterton, Jasper, and Banff, as well as special reg's for the parks. check these too.

You can find info about ice conditions and places to fish by doing a search in the fishing forum. Ice conditions are updated pretty regularly here.

Spray Lake is melting and you can fish from shore. If you are not already familiar with the lake, do not go on the ice. It is extremely dangerous and people fall through the ice and drown in Alberta every year.

Tight lines!

Boer
05-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Well thanks for both the update and the heads-up. I normally study the regulations carefully. I will try and get to Spray next week. Any tips on flies and location?