05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm with wayne on this one.

tacklerunner
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM
not me. you?

Didn't take the bait.

fish on!
05-01-2012, 05:29 PM
regs say it opened apr 1, from highway 22 to rd 510. ive never fished it before. i might have to take a ride down there and check it out someday soon. Anyone ever fished it in the past?

tacklerunner
05-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Gonna be high water in that section for a month or 2. Never fished that section. Sorry can't help.

WayneChristie
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
you mean the upper Oldman I sit corrected. the lower isnt open til next week, along with the lower Bow and the SSR. a whole lot of antsy people down this way waiting to get out there and get some fishing in!

Jhalle9
05-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Was down there twice this year. First trip the water levels were quite low and crystal clear. No guys and very peaceful. Caught a couple on SJW and black stoneflies. Second time out lots of guys, river was up about a foot and not much vis. Didn't have luck nymphing so switched to white streamers. Ended up with 7 bulls and a nice cutbow.

fish on!
05-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Was down there twice this year. First trip the water levels were quite low and crystal clear. No guys and very peaceful. Caught a couple on SJW and black stoneflies. Second time out lots of guys, river was up about a foot and not much vis. Didn't have luck nymphing so switched to white streamers. Ended up with 7 bulls and a nice cutbow.

awesome, i still have yet to catch a bull, since im new to fly fishing, im gonna have to head down that way

npauls
05-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I have heard that the upper oldman is starting to dirty up pretty good along with everything else out west.

If you just want to go for a drive then giver but if you are looking to get in some good fishing time you may want to hold off or call one of the fly shops in the pass to find out for sure what the water is like that day.

Susan at the fly shop and cafe in Coleman usually has good info. or the owner of Crowsnest angler should be able to help you out.

lannie
05-01-2012, 10:41 PM
The clarity of the Crow is getting better with the last couple days of cooler weather. Not chocolate anymore with visibiilty of a couple of feet. We are supposed to be getting a bit of rain the next couple of days so it could go downhill. There is a lot of snow at higher elevations that has really not melted so I think peak run off is still a month away at least. I have not fished the Oldman for a week but when i was there it was not that high and had decent visibility.

fish on!
05-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the info everyone