PDA

View Full Version : Weekend in Lethbridge...

tara_13
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi Guy's

Im off to Lethbridge for my daughter's dance competition.. I have alot of time in between dances on Saturday..

Any place where I can just fish on shore ? Im not too familiar there, so if you know a place, I can look it up on Google and enjoy some time away and fish for an afternoon...
Thank you ! :)

SouthernBowHunter
05-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Henderson lake and nicholas sheron. right in city not sure if it open will have to check regs.

NUK SOO KOW
05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
They are both open. There is also riverstone trout pond on the west side also in the city.

jts1
05-01-2012, 09:59 PM
First two that come to mind is Nicolas Sheran for Pike, Brooks, Browns and Perch. Or Henderson for some Pike on the fly. Both right in the city. Can link maps if you need. Was down that way fishing them a few Weeks ago both are active with fish. Npauls is a local there and a good fella. A pm his way might help .

MoFugger21
05-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Ya, both Henderson and Nicolas Sheran are open and fish-able (if the wind isn't too much of a bother..... :) )

waynep
05-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Henderson has pike and carp. The carp can be caught with dough balls or something similar. Nicolas sheran has large brookies and browns and pike. I don't think riverstone is stocked yet but if it has it will be full of 8-10" rainbows and some pike.
Wayne

tara_13
05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
They are both open. There is also riverstone trout pond on the west side also in the city.

Thats where Im staying during the competition, My friends home.

And, Thanks jts1.. I think I will do that before we leave Calgary on Fri. afternoon.. :)

Fisher_man#1
05-01-2012, 10:15 PM
The carp can be caught with dough balls or something similar.
Wayne

The carp are off limits to fishing and are supposed to be left alone to do their thing of eating the weeds and algae.

NUK SOO KOW
05-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Riverstone also has perch and of course some pike found there way in there. Pulled in a pike that was about 8 pounds out of the little back bay that has the fountain in it last year on a streamer.

waynep
05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
The carp are off limits to fishing and are supposed to be left alone to do their thing of eating the weeds and algae.

I thought they opened up the fishing to them sorry I was just going off what a guy I talked to Said when walking around the lake.

waynep
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM

I thought they opened up the fishing to them sorry I was just going off what a guy I talked to Said when walking around the lake.

mr.boats
05-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Riverstone also has perch and of course some pike found there way in there. Pulled in a pike that was about 8 pounds out of the little back bay that has the fountain in it last year on a streamer.

Wow! I wonder how the pike get in there. Is it fed with irrigation water? Those pike probably love feeding on the small rainbows every spring. I better take the kids there soon before the pike eat too many trout and everybody keeps their limit.:scared0018:

tara_13
05-05-2012, 03:57 PM
I am alittle disapointed... brought my fishing gear with me and I woke early just to go... and damn I forgot my jacket at home and it was pouring.
Sun came out for a tiny second and thought hmm I'll go fishing after her dance.

come out after in the the Yates theatre and its snowing ... Like a blizzard :(

So tomorrow I cant fish til afternoon, maybe I'll be able to try again in the afternoon before head home.
Good weekend though, I like watching her dance in competition's...

gl2
05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
hope you get to go fishing. i also go to dance competitions for my 2 little girls and in the most manly way possible they are a fun, and i enjoy them...lol. have fun in lethbridge and hope i your daughter does good.

npauls
05-05-2012, 05:05 PM
The weather is suppose to be quite a bit nicer tomorrow. Last I seen it was suppose to be +11 and sunny on Sunday.

I was hoping to get out tomorrow but I guess we are heading out to Vauxhall for a birthday dinner so I am thinking I will end up taking the bow out to the farm and try to get a few gophers while I am out there.