PDA

View Full Version : Fish Handling in Pictures

fishpro
05-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Just looking for some opinions on an idea I have for the forum and curious to see if others would support it. What would everyone think of having some guidelines set in place for the pictures shown on this forum? Some ideas of the guidelines would be:

-no laying fish on dry grass / rocks, ice/snow, bottoms of boats, etc.
-no hanging fish vertically due to the damage it can cause
-no excessive handling under gills
-no pictures of fish that are bleeding significantly

If such guidelines were in place, when we saw a picture like this we could simply report it to the mods and then they could judge the picture for themselves and remove it if in violation. I think this would cut down significantly on the amount of negativity that occurs on picture posts. I've seen this used on other forums and it has worked quite well.

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting this to promote and encourage catch and release, but rather as a way to promote proper fish handling for when people do decide to release their catch. There would also be discretion used, for example a large number of perch on the snow would be okay, but it wouldn't be okay to post pictures of a large trout or pike laying on the ground, then another picture of it held vertically when it was a fish that was released. Although even when large fish are kept it would be beneficial to handle them well in pictures to set an example to those who are new to fishing and don't know the best ways to handle fish.

What are everyone's thoughts?

BeeGuy
05-02-2012, 02:14 PM
You may want to add, no pics of harvested fish, and no pics of fish caught using bait.

BeeGuy
05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
IMO adding a bunch of rules to picture posting is just going to give the peanut gallery more justification for flaming everyone that posts a picture.

You're breaking the rules!!

fishpro
05-02-2012, 02:18 PM
IMO adding a bunch of rules to picture posting is just going to give the peanut gallery more justification for flaming everyone that posts a picture.

You're breaking the rules!!

But the goal would be to have it so that rather than commenting on the things they did against the rules, we could simply report it and have the picture removed. It works quite effectively on another forum I'm on and there are very few pictures posted now that are against the rules.

BeeGuy
05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
What might be better is a sticky thread that informs new anglers about fish handling.

How to fish handle at shore.
How to fish handle from a boat.
How to hold different species.
How to remove hooks.
Which style and size of hooks to use for different species/techniques
Why not to hold a bull trout by the gill plate
Nets, and why to use them.
Using trebles for C&R species, or, why not to use them.

etc etc

BeeGuy
05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
But the goal would be to have it so that rather than commenting on the things they did against the rules, we could simply report it and have the picture removed. It works quite effectively on another forum I'm on and there are very few pictures posted now that are against the rules.

Cool, which site is that? I'll check it out

fishpro
05-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Cool, which site is that? I'll check it out

Will send you a pm

BeeGuy
05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
My concern is just that fewer people will end up posting pictures (my favorite part).

A lot of people have stopped posting because regardless of the image there is always someone dying to flame them.

I would support a rule such as, "foto flamers get an instant vacation".

huntsfurfish
05-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I think the mods have enough to do without adding rules for pics. That said, if the site wants to put rules out to post pics that is up to them.

Fish bleed
Fishermen handle
Educate the fishermen by critigueing(sp) photos. thats ok jmho:)

People on here could learn how to correct/educate with out being so offensive would go a long way.:sign0068:

Okotokian
05-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Sort of closing the barn door after the horse has left. The dastardly deed has already been done. Taking down the pictures doesn't change what happened. Better to post pics and have people point out the error so others are educated. I do think one doesn't need to be a ^$%# about it when doing so however.

fishpro
05-02-2012, 02:33 PM
My concern is just that fewer people will end up posting pictures (my favorite part).

A lot of people have stopped posting because regardless of the image there is always someone dying to flame them.

I would support a rule such as, "foto flamers get an instant vacation".

If anything I think it would help to get more people posting again. We should include a rule that you're not allowed to flame pictures, but rather can only report it. The picture would then be removed and a link to the photo rules would be put in its place. People would then see the rules and what was potentially wrong with the picture, or they could kindly ask for an explanation.

huntsfurfish
05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Sort of closing the barn door after the horse has left. The dastardly deed has already been done. Taking down the pictures doesn't change what happened. Better to post pics and have people point out the error so others are educated. I do think one doesn't need to be a ^$%# about it when doing so however.

What he said!:);)

huntsfurfish
05-02-2012, 02:38 PM
If anything I think it would help to get more people posting again. We should include a rule that you're not allowed to flame pictures, but rather can only report it. The picture would then be removed and a link to the photo rules would be put in its place. People would then see the rules and what was potentially wrong with the picture, or they could kindly ask for an explanation.

No, people just need to learn how to criticize without be so offensive.

fishpro
05-02-2012, 02:39 PM

That's true, however it will be an effective way to educate them for next time. And also, no matter how nice things are said there's always those who get defensive and it turns into a big argument. This would help to eliminate it.

huntsfurfish
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
You can only try to help. There are some that will be offended but that usually stems from how they are educated.

Okotokian
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
And also, no matter how nice things are said there's always those who get defensive and it turns into a big argument. This would help to eliminate it.

I think it would be more appropriate to discipline the &%^$% flamer than to discipline the original poster.

huntsfurfish
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I think it would be more appropriate to discipline the &%^$% flamer than to discipline the original poster.

Agree

pickrel pat
05-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I agreed with the guy who agreed with the guy who disagreed with you.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

TyreeUM
05-02-2012, 03:11 PM
haha so if I decide to keep a fish, I have to pretend that I am releasing it before I can take a picture? Maybe the hunting forum should only be allowed to show pictures of the deer/bear/elk/moose BEFORE they shot it...

Okotokian
05-02-2012, 03:14 PM
haha so if I decide to keep a fish, I have to pretend that I am releasing it before I can take a picture? Maybe the hunting forum should only be allowed to show pictures of the deer/bear/elk/moose BEFORE they shot it...

:happy0034: Now you got it! :)

Seriously though, I get the concern of the OP. It's valid. I just don't think we need to go overboard editing photos. We just need to be semi-polite. A stretch I know.....

lannie
05-02-2012, 03:20 PM

I don't think it would get more people posting pictures, it would get much less.
That forum(FFC-let me know if i am wrong) that implements these rules see very few pictures. Does it actually get 1 picture every two days? I think most members there post more pictures here.

TyreeUM
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM
:happy0034: Now you got it! :)

Seriously though, I get the concern of the OP. It's valid. I just don't think we need to go overboard editing photos. We just need to be semi-polite. A stretch I know.....

I get it, trust me...I just wish certain people would keep their catch and release tyranny quiet, it gets old. (And that is coming from a predominantly catch and release fisherman...)

pophouseman
05-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Just looking for some opinions on an idea I have for the forum and curious to see if others would support it. What would everyone think of having some guidelines set in place for the pictures shown on this forum? Some ideas of the guidelines would be:

-no laying fish on dry grass / rocks, ice/snow, bottoms of boats, etc.
-no hanging fish vertically due to the damage it can cause
-no excessive handling under gills
-no pictures of fish that are bleeding significantly

If such guidelines were in place, when we saw a picture like this we could simply report it to the mods and then they could judge the picture for themselves and remove it if in violation. I think this would cut down significantly on the amount of negativity that occurs on picture posts. I've seen this used on other forums and it has worked quite well.

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting this to promote and encourage catch and release, but rather as a way to promote proper fish handling for when people do decide to release their catch. There would also be discretion used, for example a large number of perch on the snow would be okay, but it wouldn't be okay to post pictures of a large trout or pike laying on the ground, then another picture of it held vertically when it was a fish that was released. Although even when large fish are kept it would be beneficial to handle them well in pictures to set an example to those who are new to fishing and don't know the best ways to handle fish.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Worst. Idea. Ever

Bigtoad
05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Maybe I missed it, but to clarify, these suggested rules would just be for released fish, correct? Because if you're keeping the fish, then it only really matters that you dispatch it quickly, you know, and then throw it in the grass.

It works on other forums, I'm sure it could work here.

Besides, I think there are so few people that release fish on this board that most of the pictures would be from kept fish anyway, so the rules wouldn't apply. :bad_boys_20:

Cheers.

Geezle
05-02-2012, 03:43 PM

I agree, it is what it is.

I've mostly stopped posting pics now and making rules regarding posting pictures likely won't change that.

If anything it'll just increase the workload on the mods, who are already busy enough cleaning up derailed threads.

pickrel pat
05-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Besides, I think there are so few people that release fish on this board that most of the pictures would be from kept fish anyway, so the rules wouldn't apply. :bad_boys_20:

Cheers.

I think your wrong.....(or just cranky still from the thread you started.....):sHa_sarcasticlol:

plinker
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Geezle is right. There have been so many flamers coming on and not reading the full story before spouting off their dipchit opinion that a lot of guys who used to post won't because of the flaming. The mods have enough work already and although your idea has merit, it will turn the fishing section into a "oh look he/she didn't handle it exactly as they were told how to". When a flamer comes on and blasts because they didn't read the complete post, I would love to see the flame and other posts adding additional flames for no reason other than jumping on the hate bandwagon, wind up like a fart in a blinding snowstorm. No sound heard, no chance to stink up the post, all traces disappear quickly!:snapoutofit:

pickrel pat
05-02-2012, 04:19 PM
wind up like a fart in a blinding snowstorm. No sound heard, no chance to stink up the post, all traces disappear quickly!:snapoutofit:

if i knew how to do the copy and paste thing, this would be my sig..... I laughed at that one.... never heard that before.

fishpro
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe I missed it, but to clarify, these suggested rules would just be for released fish, correct? Because if you're keeping the fish, then it only really matters that you dispatch it quickly, you know, and then throw it in the grass.

It works on other forums, I'm sure it could work here.

Cheers.

Yeah it would be for released fish, if it was clear the fish were kept then it wouldn't an issue. But if it's not clear then it would be good to have the rules followed as it would be an example for those who are new to fishing if they are choosing to catch and release.

fishpro
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I get it, trust me...I just wish certain people would keep their catch and release tyranny quiet, it gets old. (And that is coming from a predominantly catch and release fisherman...)

I'm not trying to promote complete catch and release, but rather have the forum lead by example on good fish handling if they choose to release them. When people see a large pike that was just caught hanging vertically by only the gills or a trout laying on rocks, it will send the message handling like that is okay, which is only a problem if that person that decides to catch and release.

chubbdarter
05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Geezle is right. There have been so many flamers coming on and not reading the full story before spouting off their dipchit opinion that a lot of guys who used to post won't because of the flaming. The mods have enough work already and although your idea has merit, it will turn the fishing section into a "oh look he/she didn't handle it exactly as they were told how to". When a flamer comes on and blasts because they didn't read the complete post, I would love to see the flame and other posts adding additional flames for no reason other than jumping on the hate bandwagon, wind up like a fart in a blinding snowstorm. No sound heard, no chance to stink up the post, all traces disappear quickly!:snapoutofit:

good post Plinker....way too many guys that Think they know it all and well just know _______.

heres a pic for all you Facebook heros to pick apart and examine

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r574/livetarget/Why.jpg

TyreeUM
05-02-2012, 04:53 PM
good post Plinker....way too many guys that Think they know it all and well just know _______.

I call photoshop...

pickrel pat
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM

incoming threatening pm! lol.

chubbdarter
05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I call photoshop...

seriously its 29 lbs and it hit a husky jerk in a 10 inch hole on the surface

slivers86
05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
we live in a democratic society, and post in a democratic forum.

If you post a photo, be aware that people will give you the numbers if its not up to their standards, or grossly negligent. You have the right to post the photo, they have the right to comment.

Mod's have the right to ban, if you're an idiot and make a bad comment, or post a stupid picture.

end of discussion imo

chubbdarter
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
been a rough week

WC told me to UNMOOT myself
now
S86 called me a Idiot

gonna cry myself to sleep tonight

yada
05-02-2012, 05:13 PM
its kind of hard to take a picture of a fish with 1 hand.... i like to put it down for few seconds...

I like to see what people catch, and i really couldnt careless about if its not handled properly... Its good to handle it the right what, but making rules to post pictures i think is a bad idea...

WayneChristie
05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
lets ban all pictures, then no reason for hate posts. then lets ban all posting, no way to post hate posts. then lets ban the internet, so everyone can quit bitching and go frikkin fishing:angry3::angry3::angry3: !!!!

chubbdarter
05-02-2012, 05:49 PM
lets ban all pictures, then no reason for hate posts. then lets ban all posting, no way to post hate posts. then lets ban the internet, so everyone can quit bitching and go frikkin fishing:angry3::angry3::angry3: !!!!

when is this ban being enforced?....i was gonna take the summer to catch a big fish and post a greenpeace approved pic of it. A pic of a fish with a smile on its face caught on velcro hook.

WayneChristie
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
when is this ban being enforced?....i was gonna take the summer to catch a big fish and post a greenpeace approved pic of it. A pic of a fish with a smile on its face caught on velcro hook.

all my fish smile, not sure if they are happy to see me or just terrified I might post their pic on the forum! canals are flowing, got to get the minnow traps out and start stocking up for next week! :sHa_shakeshout:

chubbdarter
05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
all my fish smile, not sure if they are happy to see me or just terrified I might post their pic on the forum! canals are flowing, got to get the minnow traps out and start stocking up for next week! :sHa_shakeshout:

is scandia canal flowing?

plinker
05-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Well with the eye opening thread I started about threatening PM's I thought I would get a ton of you mad enough to slam me by trying this out for size. I'm gonna post a picture of me kissing a sea kitten with the following statement for PETA.

Why beat em when you can kiss em.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha, I am so sorry guys, it just popped out.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

WayneChristie
05-02-2012, 07:18 PM
is scandia canal flowing?

didnt cross it yesterday, but if ours is I imagine it will be too. going to hit up the bridge on Tuesday then I can have a line in the water 10 minutes after I get off work. see if I can beat the sturgeon I got there last summer. not with a bonker though!

pelada trochu
05-02-2012, 08:29 PM
what your saying is that people post pictures proving they could have handled a fish better.

unfortunately no one likes a criticism.

i guess we need the opposite to happen then. We need to point out in posts how it was properly handled to reinforce the good points and leave no comments on those that didnt.

lets all just take a step in the right direction, hopefully someday we'll get there.

ogre
05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Done for your sig line:
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w378/Ogre2012/Quote.jpg

if i knew how to do the copy and paste thing, this would be my sig..... I laughed at that one.... never heard that before.

Bigtoad
05-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I think your wrong.....(or just cranky still from the thread you started.....):sHa_sarcasticlol:

Yes, still cranky... actually I think most on here do practice catch and release. It's most likely their photography that requires work.

tight line
05-02-2012, 11:03 PM
i take pics of fish i release & keep. obviously the ones i keep are dead so yes my finger is in their gills sometimes...or holding them vertical. Fish i release are quick shots with the fish out of water for as little time as possible. i dont really care if it offends people, nor am i gonna stop taking those kind of pictures. Even though i keep & eat some fish, i have great respect for them!!! trying to impose something like that sounds like a huge waste of time! IMO

slivers86
05-02-2012, 11:08 PM
I call photoshop...

been a rough week

WC told me to UNMOOT myself
now
S86 called me a Idiot

gonna cry myself to sleep tonight

Chubb - you're no idiot - never seen you suspended or banned - which means you excercise your democratic rights and speak freely - not offensively :)

Redfrog
05-02-2012, 11:11 PM
I hope you guys aren't talking about rules for pics of fish going into the smoker, BBQ or frying pan.. I like fish pics of fish crisp.:sHa_shakeshout:

tight line
05-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Definately need to promote proper fish handling,netting, even trying to reduce the use of multi barbed hooks is a good idea. Even proper hook setting. I have caught lage cuts that had been caught numorous times...they might have a sore lip, but it shows that catch and release does work,and have been treated properly....very encouraging to see!!!!

BGSH
05-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Nothing wrong with taking fish photos as long as you handle the fish with care and keep out of the water for only a few seconds for a snap then back in the water asap unless you are keeping the fish.

HunterDave
05-02-2012, 11:26 PM
I think that the people posting pictures need to grow thicker skin if anything posted on here truly bothers them. Likewise for the critics if a picture bothers them. Treat your catch with respect, sure, but I haven't seen any pictures posted on here where the fish would undoubtedly die from the way that it was handled............except for the one that Chubb posted. :)

chubbdarter
05-02-2012, 11:36 PM
I think that the people posting pictures need to grow thicker skin if anything posted on here truly bothers them. Likewise for the critics if a picture bothers them. Treat your catch with respect, sure, but I haven't seen any pictures posted on here where the fish would undoubtedly die from the way that it was handled............except for the one that Chubb posted. :)

That fish was a sucessful Fizzing and no fish were injured during the operation

bezner
05-03-2012, 01:08 AM
It's a hunting and fishing forum....tree huggers should be in the woods talking up a spruce or in a tofu shop singing kumbya....

Albert Johnson
05-03-2012, 06:27 AM
No. People just need to learn how to shut their mouths. It's that simple.

CeeZee
05-03-2012, 06:34 AM
This idea is not much different than have rules for each public bathroom on how to shake your willy off when done.
Or picture guidlines on hunters who post photos, ya know to not show any blood or sign of harm or distress. But I guess it just my opinion.

Albertadiver
05-03-2012, 06:52 AM
The elitest and better than thou attitudes on the fishing forum are the worst on this board. It's wierd how wound up people get on what should be a recreational activity.

Bigtoad
05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
First, you can't really compare hunting vs. fishing where you release fish. It doesn't transfer. However, compare hunting to catching and keeping fish and you're fine.

A better comparison would be between catching and releasing fish and camping. When you camp, especially random camping, you want to have minimal impact and return the place where you camped back to the way it was before you came (to the best of your ability). You don't leave garbage, you bury your crap, etc, etc. I don't think anyone would argue with this right?

Releasing fish is similar. You want to have a minimal impact on the fish and return it back to the water in the best shape possible. So you don't put it on the grass or gravel, you don't leave it out of the water too long, you revive it properly, etc, etc. So why is there any argument about this?

People get upset about the mishandling of fish that are being released just like other people would if someone posted a picture of a campsite when they left and it was full of garbage. I don't think anyone would be saying, "just grow thicker skin," if it was about leaving garbage in the bush, but yet mishandling fish gets that response??? Both are examples of disrespecting a natural resource and both should be met with some frustration and hopefully some education too. Why wouldn't it?

It's not about tree hugging or tofu eating or elitist C&R fishermen. It's about respecting the resource that you are enjoying. So pick up your freaking garbage and put that fish back in the water quickly please.

Cheers.

Mike_W
05-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Nothing wrong with my fish handling practices all these fish were released back to the ocean or lake without an issue......trust me!!:thinking-006:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/IMG_2955.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/IMG_2915.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/IMG_2913.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/Picture039.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/IMGP00382.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/DSCN0367.jpg
Yeah I would supports that forsure:rolleye2::1041:

Okotokian
05-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Here's an idea. To all those who like to post pics of themselves with their catch.... Stop. You aren't that good looking and we have all seen fish before. Unless it's a record-breaker just take the hook out and gently return the fish to the water. Leave the camera in your pocket.

There. Settled it. LOL ;)

TyreeUM
05-03-2012, 09:29 AM
So you don't want a fish laid in the grass for a picture....what about on a stripping apron in a float tube?
How would you even make these posting rules? You can only insert a maximum .15” of finger per 1” of gill with a maximum of 2 fingers per gill. A video must accompany each picture posted, accurately displaying the amount of time the fish was held out of the water for a picture. Each fish must be tagged with a radio telemetry tag, and pictures will not be accepted until this fish has proven to still be alive 48 hours after release.

There was a great post a few weeks ago by a younger guy who was out fishing the bow for the first time. He took some pictures of the fish utilizing less than ideal “catch and release” tactics and received some great suggestions on how he could better handle the fish. The suggestions were well received because he didn’t have 35 people crying and b1tching about his pictures. The problem is not the pictures...

baitfisher83
05-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Restricting it to only kept fish wouldn't make a difference either. There would still be a bunch of holier than thou C&R fisherman who would verbally butcher that angler for keeping that fish. Lawful or not. There will be people who only think their ideas are the right ones and that spouting off behind a computer makes them justified.

tight line
05-03-2012, 09:40 AM
love the pics mike!...lol was thinkin of doing that!

TyreeUM
05-03-2012, 09:43 AM
I would like to post the results of my best day on the North Sask to date, in the most politically correct fashion possible. I caught 1 burbot, 2 walleye, a pike, a 3 suckers! The pike was over 40 pounds and one of the walleye broke 33 inches!!!! All fished were handled properly and released, Check em out!

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=4911

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=4913

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=4912

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=4914

iliketrout
05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
I wish I could vote twice because one vote for NO isn't enough.

fishpro
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Nothing wrong with my fish handling practices all these fish were released back to the ocean or lake without an issue......trust me!!:thinking-006:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/IMG_2955.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/IMG_2915.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/IMG_2913.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/Picture039.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/IMGP00382.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Yukon_Jack/DSCN0367.jpg
Yeah I would supports that forsure:rolleye2::1041:

Nice catch!

Nothing wrong with posting pictures like that, it's obvious the fish were kept and that's totally acceptable. It's the pictures of recently caught fish being mishandled where it's either known they were released, or unknown either way that I don't like seeing.

waterninja
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM
i voted no because depending on the situation at the time it can be impossible to even take a pic. of the fish. if your by yourself it would be very difficult to take pic. without laying it down for a few seconds. taking pics. while shore fishing is different than in a boat,etc. i enjoy looking at all the pics that get posted and more silly rules would just screw things up imho.

fishpro
05-03-2012, 10:04 AM
i voted no because depending on the situation at the time it can be impossible to even take a pic. of the fish. if your by yourself it would be very difficult to take pic. without laying it down for a few seconds. taking pics. while shore fishing is different than in a boat,etc. i enjoy looking at all the pics that get posted and more silly rules would just screw things up imho.

I completely understand, but there are always things you can do, such as use a net to keep the fish in the water. Also, if people are going to catch and release, it's always good to ask if it's worth causing additional harm to the fish simply to get a picture. I realize there is always some level of harm done simply by catching the fish, but just something to think about.

WayneChristie
05-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Nice catch!

It's the pictures of recently caught fish being mishandled where it's either known they were released, or unknown either way that I don't like seeing.

the answer is obvious. join the knitting forum instead! if you dont like looking at the pictures, dont look at the threads with pictures!

curtis_rak
05-03-2012, 06:08 PM
At the end of the day, I think the vast majority of people who use this forum are at least a bit educated on fishing and are probably ethical fishermen. There will always be the ones who arent, but they are the small minority. There is lots of experience and good advice on here so I think the whole "lead by example" thing is more than covered off on this forum.

I fish lots, and catch lots, and release about 90% of what I catch. I also like taking pictures with my fish and I cant say that every release is 100% perfect. I'm pretty sure that no one can say that.

I think that imposing rules for posting a fishing pic is a tad over the top... I have seen very few pics on here that raised an eyebrow, and on the ones that did, the forum policed itself (as it usually does) and im sure someone learned a lesson.

MoFugger21
05-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I would like to post the results of my best day on the North Sask to date, in the most politically correct fashion possible. I caught 1 burbot, 2 walleye, a pike, a 3 suckers! The pike was over 40 pounds and one of the walleye broke 33 inches!!!! All fished were handled properly and released, Check em out!

This made me LOL for real! Well played!

But seriously, there's not a chance in HELL that walleye is 33inches!!! Better check you tape!

:)

WayneChristie
05-03-2012, 06:41 PM

now theres proof c and r works, Ive caught at least 3 of those very same fish! I recognize the smiles

Alberta Bigbore
05-03-2012, 08:26 PM

agree 100%

Mariko's Rod
05-03-2012, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=TyreeUM;1422556]I would like to post the results of my best day on the North Sask to date, in the most politically correct fashion possible. I caught 1 burbot, 2 walleye, a pike, a 3 suckers! The pike was over 40 pounds and one of the walleye broke 33 inches!!!! All fished were handled properly and released, Check em out!

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=1086&pictureid=4914[/QUOTE

now that is funny.

TyreeUM
05-03-2012, 11:55 PM
now theres proof c and r works, Ive caught at least 3 of those very same fish! I recognize the smiles

you better send me your pics to compare the markings

WayneChristie
05-04-2012, 06:55 AM
you better send me your pics to compare the markings

I would but one of the suckers had a nosebleed, dont want to get flamed!