PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good guided hunt???

7mmremmag
05-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Ok heres my situation. I work over seas 28 on/28 off. I work the whole month of september, have the month of october off, and work all of november. So basically I am gonna miss a huge portion of hunting season. I am looking for a guided hunt in either the last 2 weeks of october or the first two weeks of december
SO my question is, can anyone recommend a good quality, fun guided hunt for me??? This will be my first guided hunt. I want to go sometime in the last two weeks of october, or the first week of december.
I am open to almost any species of game, but I want to stay in North America. I would also like to keep this hunt under 8000$ for the hunt, not including flights, tips, etc.
I hunt rifle and bow just for reference, but would prefer rifle
I am 27 and in fairly good shape, so I wouldnt say I have any restrictions other than maybe a crazy sheep backpack hunt (Which I cant afford anyway)
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, also pics and outfitter references would be awesome
Thanks for the help

tysonlazo2
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
if u wont a hell of alot of fun go to texas and do a hog hunt its pretty cheap to as far as i heard and good eats too

bdub
05-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Many zones in BC open up on August 15 for most species. Might want to try something there if you can go before September.

Ryry4
05-03-2012, 10:01 AM
You could probably find a mountain goat hunt or a caribou hunt that would fit into your budget. I enjoyed both of mine.

sheephunter
05-03-2012, 10:27 AM
You could probably find a mountain goat hunt or a caribou hunt that would fit into your budget. I enjoyed both of mine.

X2...those would be high on my list for a first time guided hunt as well.

BackPackHunter
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Cougar

Tundra Monkey
05-03-2012, 10:00 PM
I would call every mountain outfitter in the NWT, Yukon and Northern BC and tell them that you have $8000 and can do a hunt during September and see what they can do for you.

Also make sure that they know you are in the game to go on something short notice. Most guys have hunts already booked but stuff happens when people book things so far out.

You could kill a walrus for a little less than that :D

tm

Duk Dog
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Here is another option for you to search out a hunt. A few good suggestions already made, all depends on what kind of animal you'd like to hunt. My vote would be caribou or mtn goat.

http://www.myhuntfinder.com/

duncan4
05-04-2012, 02:07 AM
make sure its a combo hunt, gives opportunity to get a few species off the bucket list.

BackPackHunter
05-04-2012, 09:57 PM
For 8K you could probably get to Shoot 2...
I got a pretty good idea for the mount :sHa_shakeshout:

7mmremmag
05-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I got a couple Pm's regarding a cougar hunt and a mountain caribou hunt. I definitely can go on short notice, and that might not be a bad idea Tundra Monkey, to call some outfitters and let them know I can go on short notice.
Can anyone recommend a reputable caribou outfitter or mountain goat outfit???
Ive never booked a guided hunt so im a little nervous about just handing someone my 8000$ and hoping for the best

sheephunter
05-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Scoop Lake in BC for goats and Gana River in NWT for Mtn Caribou.

muleyhunter7
05-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Ram and goat and pronghorn are the one things I want really bad to go after

Faststeel
05-07-2012, 12:15 AM
I think there is a website called last minute fishing and hunting where outfitters advertise hunts that have been cancelled , might be something to look into. FS

Red Bullets
05-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Good luck and happy hunting.