PDA

View Full Version : Good, reputable, Mercury service mechanic?

Tyangelo
05-03-2012, 08:51 AM
The 2005 Optimax was running a little rough at the end of last year, and it's about time she had a thorough inspection/tuneup before she sees saltwater for the first time this year. Which Edmonton area shops have you Merc guys had good luck with?

ATF
05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I went to Gibbons after dealing with several in the city that I would never return to.

HunterDave
05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I've had good luck with Tournament Marine in Acheson and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They've always been quick and have never hosed me on the cost of repairs. I've had work done there that has cost me less than what was quoted because the mechanic did the job quicker than what they figured on.

The only thing that I will mention is that they like to replace parts with OEM Mercury parts and not aftermarket parts. A couple of years ago I needed a new trim motor and he quoted me the price on a OEM part. He had no problem ordering and installing an aftermarket trim motor for half the price when I asked him to though. My boat wasn't newer so an aftermarket part made more sense to use.

Team Beef
05-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Gibbons