PDA

View Full Version : Family Camping May Long

jriad
05-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey All,

I have a very young (5, 3, & 10 months) family and am looking for suggestions for a camp-ground for May long weekend that has some sort of fishing? We frequent sibbald but think we would like to go south this year in hopes of warmer weather. I think someone said LittleBow is crazy so might avoid that.... but let me know.

Any suggestions?

Shabbadoo
05-03-2012, 11:20 AM
You could try out by Elkwater. There's several campgrounds, and several places to fish: Elkwater lake has perch and pike, Spruce Coulee has stocked brookies and Reesor normally has thousands of tiny rainbows. Not great eating but fun for the kids fishing off the dock.

Elkwater campgrounds have booze-bans on over May-long too, so although it gets busy, hopefully not a bad place to have a young family out.

bowness
05-03-2012, 05:11 PM
sent PM

Okotokian
05-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Good thing you are checking around. I'd be very particular about where I camp on what my sons and their friends simply call "May Long", the designating camping/drinking/partying statutory holiday here in Alberta.

The DragonSlayer
05-04-2012, 08:12 AM
The Cypress Hills, or Chinook-in the Pass.

jriad
05-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Bump any opinions on limitless bow or little bow res? Ideally somewhere I can fish from shore. I know the west portion of tracers is closed during may long....