PDA

View Full Version : Tricky NSR fish to identify.....atleast for me

NSR Monger
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Caught this white one this year, not exactly sure if its a white or a mooneye, been hearing both, what do you guys think?? Also this other one from last year, is it a sauger or a saugeye, do not think its a walleye. Also they were both around 15 inches ROUGHLY. Thanks!!

BGSH
05-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Caught this white one this year, not exactly sure if its a white or a mooneye, been hearing both, what do you guys think?? Also this other one from last year, is it a sauger or a saugeye, do not think its a walleye. Also they were both around 15 inches ROUGHLY. Thanks!!

Whitefish and walleye

codywf
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
100% rocky mountain whitefish and walleye

nekred
05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Are you serious!... both are obvious!...

as mentioned before RMW and Walleye...

Maybe peruse the regs...especially this page....

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/pdfs/fishing-regs/Sport-Fish-Identification.pdf

TyreeUM
05-03-2012, 12:13 PM
saugeye

BGSH
05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
saugeye

WALLEYE LOL :fighting0030:

bigd
05-03-2012, 12:21 PM
100% rocky mountain whitefish and walleye

ditto, 110%

NSR Monger
05-03-2012, 12:21 PM
haha thanks guys, those were my initial thoughts but it seemed most people did not think it was a walleye so I believed them! Same with the White, most people told me a mooneye but I was pretty sure that it was a white, look how WHITE it is lol nice looking fish though, that was my first white.

BGSH
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
haha thanks guys, those were my initial thoughts but it seemed most people did not think it was a walleye so I believed them! Same with the White, most people told me a mooneye but I was pretty sure that it was a white, look how WHITE it is lol nice looking fish though, that was my first white.

Did you keep them, did they taste good?

codywf
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
not a personal attack on the OP, but This is why I believe that to acquire a fishing licence people should have to pass a fish identification test and general rules test. I know some people that have been fishing for 20 years (almost my age) and they don't have a clue what kind of trout they have caught.

NSR Monger
05-03-2012, 12:31 PM
LOL ok now the more I look at the identification page it is clear that its a whitefish but the "walleye" does show characteristics of both fish! The eyes are not "glazed" like the walleye and the fin looks more like a sauger because its not so rounded. Though the skin looks more like a walleye then a sauger. I am pretty amateur at the river though, just going by the alberta identification page......

BGSH
05-03-2012, 12:34 PM
LOL ok now the more I look at the identification page it is clear that its a whitefish but the "walleye" does show characteristics of both fish! The eyes are not "glazed" like the walleye and the fin looks more like a sauger because its not so rounded. Though the skin looks more like a walleye then a sauger. I am pretty amateur at the river though, just going by the alberta identification page......

Its no where near a sauger, its a typical N.s.r walleye

NSR Monger
05-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah Cody I can agree I need more knowledge, but that's what I am trying to do by starting this post. I used to fish with my grandparents and uncle when I was much younger, last year my passion got re-ignited due to getting to fish a lake on Salt Spring Island B.C. last September. Trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can!

nekred
i may have been a bit harsh... but when it comes to fishing if you aenot sure...put it back...

I have had times when i caught a fish in new waters and had to take picture and go identify it... but mostly because it was very unexpected...

Turned out it was a cisco...

nof60
#1 is a whitefish

#2 is a saugeye, a hybrid of sauger and walleye displaying spots on the dorsal and reduced white area on the lower tail

Congrats, not many have caught a saugeye

pickrel pat
05-03-2012, 12:38 PM
not a personal attack on the OP, but This is why I believe that to acquire a fishing licence people should have to pass a fish identification test and general rules test. I know some people that have been fishing for 20 years (almost my age) and they don't have a clue what kind of trout they have caught.

why would someone need to identify fish if they planned on relesing everything? why? why?:sHa_sarcasticlol:

NSR Monger
05-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Ok BGSH I'll take your word for it. I've seen some of your posts and pic's, I'm positive you have much more experience than me on the river. Do you have a pic of a NSR Sauger you could post?

BGSH
05-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Ok BGSH I'll take your word for it. I've seen some of your posts and pic's, I'm positive you have much more experience than me on the river. Do you have a pic of a NSR Sauger you could post?

Sure i have a couple hang on

pickrel pat
05-03-2012, 12:40 PM
from the almost absent white spot on the tail, with the darker black flecking, id say saugeye.

nof60
05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
saugeye

ReconWilly
05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I see what looks like a saugeye, based on the spots on the fins and the color of the fish is also interesting. Cool catch, neat.

NSR Monger
05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
damn I dunno who is right! BGSH and nof60 both seem like they know their stuff! Personally I really think it is a saugeye due to having characteristics of both but as previously stated I'm quite inexperienced and I have never caught a Walleye from the river unless this is one lol

Redfrog
05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Anyone else getting tired of these questions? Why can't these people be born experts like the rest of us?:snapoutofit:

ReconWilly
05-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Anyone else getting tired of these questions? Why can't these people be born experts like the rest of us?:snapoutofit:

No.:snapoutofit:

Jasonp
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Sorry bgsh its a Saugeye for sure.. Take this from the nsr walleye master :)

ReconWilly
05-03-2012, 12:54 PM

Ohhhhhhhhh we have a challenger!!:fighting0074:

BGSH
05-03-2012, 12:57 PM

I am still going with a rocky mountain white and a walleye.

ReconWilly
05-03-2012, 01:05 PM
:party0052:

pike_king780
05-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Whitefish and Walleye definitely!

addictedfisherman
05-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Rocky mountain whitefish and a Saugeye

nekred
05-03-2012, 01:16 PM
here is a saugeye id link... and on further inspection of photo I am on fence between saugeye and walleye...

Definitely not a saugeye due to the eye... but could be a walleye with some saugeye genes from a previous generation....

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fishing/fishid/Saugeye.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fishing/fishid/saugeye.htm&h=282&w=547&sz=33&tbnid=PjyN8HgQWGeSuM:&tbnh=62&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsaugeye%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=saugeye&docid=I2AKV6D6UHvYtM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=aNiiT9-gFcLy2QW36LjPCA&ved=0CDEQ9QEwAg&dur=203

voidspace
05-03-2012, 01:21 PM
whitefish and saugeye

codywf
05-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I'll argue walleye due to the white on the tail, no site that has saugeye identification list the white on the tail

fish gunner
05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
white fish and a walleye, white spot on tail is the identification, F&W will not be using the other features as a possible hybrid.

pike_king780
05-03-2012, 01:31 PM
I'll argue walleye due to the white on the tail, no site that has saugeye identification list the white on the tail

Exactly x2

nof60
05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Got this "Saugeye are a cross of the walleye and
sauger. The dark bars on the dorsal fin are the
best identifying characteristic for this fish. Sharp
canine teeth, dark blotches on the sides, and a
white tip on the lower tail also help identify the
saugeye."

from here http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/portals/9/pdf/pub358.pdf

Not enough white for a walleye

Bow flyman
05-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Rocky mountain whitefish and sauger.

TyreeUM
05-03-2012, 01:54 PM

that is because not all saugeye have white on their tail, but a lot of them do...

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-03-2012, 01:56 PM
First Picture is of a Rocky Mountain Whitefish
Second is a Saugeye , as it doesnt have the define markings of a Walleye or of Sauger it has both of each

MoFugger21
05-03-2012, 02:00 PM
The second one looks like a pickeral to me....... :)

huffy
05-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I see some of the same old comments about know your fish before you fish, but there seems to be a lot of debate on what fish #2 is, even between the self-proclaimed experts. Myself, I have no opinion!:argue2:

05-03-2012, 02:08 PM
I see some of the same old comments about know your fish before you fish, but there seems to be a lot of debate on what fish #2 is, even between the self-proclaimed experts. Myself, I have no opinion!:argue2:

Self proclaimed Experts ? I dont think so . Its your responsibility to know your Identification . If you dont and you get caught that could become very costly and lost your right to fish among losing your gear , boat , truck , etc .

So US SELF PROCLAINED EXPERTS have a very valid point .

codywf
05-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Well ill just agree with saugeye as i don't fish the river that much, but regardless those of us who said walleye wouldn't get in any trouble because we would throw it back.

TyreeUM
05-03-2012, 02:16 PM

Do the regs differ from walleye to sauger to saugeye? The problem is when they can't identify fish that look nothing alike. There are a lot of people that can't properly identify species of suckers, but they know they are suckers. When people can't tell the difference between a whitefish, perch, walleye, or pike...that is a serious problem.

huffy
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Self proclaimed Experts ? I dont think so . Its your responsibility to know your Identification . If you dont and you get caught that could become very costly and lost your right to fish among losing your gear , boat , truck , etc .

So US SELF PROCLAINED EXPERTS have a very valid point .

I think you missd the humour/sarcasm in my post. I was not saying people shouldn't know their fish, just commenting on the large numbers of people with differing opinions on what fish number 2 is! Didn't intend to offend. Sense of humour is a wonderful thing!

huntsfurfish
05-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Saugeye

Jasonp
05-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Look at the coloring and the spots on the fins, walleye don't have those, the white mark isn't as prodominate either.

U coming with me on saturday?

voidspace
05-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Do the regs differ from walleye to sauger to saugeye? The problem is when they can't identify fish that look nothing alike. There are a lot of people that can't properly identify species of suckers, but they know they are suckers. When people can't tell the difference between a whitefish, perch, walleye, or pike...that is a serious problem.

You can keep sauger from the nsr.

"from Highway 22/39 (Drayton Valley) downstream to the Alberta/Saskatchewan border
River Only Open all year – Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Walleye limit 0; Sauger limit 0 from Apr. 1 to May 14; Sauger limit 3 from May 15 to Mar. 31; Pike limit 1 over 63 cm; Burbot limit 10; Goldeye limit 10; Lake Sturgeon limit 0."

Geezle
05-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Second pic is a saugeye...though the walleye genes in that one seem most dominant.

nof60
05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
You can keep sauger from the nsr.

"from Highway 22/39 (Drayton Valley) downstream to the Alberta/Saskatchewan border
River Only Open all year – Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Walleye limit 0; Sauger limit 0 from Apr. 1 to May 14; Sauger limit 3 from May 15 to Mar. 31; Pike limit 1 over 63 cm; Burbot limit 10; Goldeye limit 10; Lake Sturgeon limit 0."

So I guess if you want to eat it its a sauger, if you want to release it its a walleye.

I was working between Inuvik and tuktoyuktuk a few years ago. Their is a herd of reindeer there that is owned by a family from Tuk. They were herded there a long time ago and originated in Europe. Anyway I asked an Inuit guy I worked with how to tell the diff between a caribou and a reindeer. He said because the reindeer were privately owned you could not shoot them. So if it was alive it was a reindeer. If he had shot it it was a caribou. Same thing here.

Where would a Saugeye fit in the regs?

Sundancefisher
05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Rocky Mountain Whitefish and a WalleyeXSauger Cross...my bet.

voidspace
05-03-2012, 04:15 PM
I release all fish from the nsr, or anywhere else I fish as I c&r.

DiabeticKripple
05-03-2012, 04:27 PM
im wondering if you can legally keep saugeye

BeeGuy
05-03-2012, 05:16 PM
It may be a saugeye.

If you send me both fillets, I will run a digestive analysis on them and send you the results.

curtis_rak
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
This is an NSR Sauger.... a nice one too caught last September near Rundle Park

They have a very defined, blotchy pattern compared to a walleye.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/curtis_rak/Fishing/StrathconaCounty-20110924-00300.jpg

Geezle
05-03-2012, 06:24 PM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/curtis_rak/Fishing/StrathconaCounty-20110924-00300.jpg

Sauger? I see no sauger? :evilgrin:

Alberta Bigbore
05-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Fish #2 is a Saugeye for sure. Lots of the buggers in NSR, nothing new.

Mariko's Rod
05-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Nice work man!

Mike_W
05-03-2012, 09:45 PM

Lol I was thinking the same thing!:evilgrin:

curtis_rak
05-04-2012, 07:22 AM
haha ;)

Bigdad013
05-04-2012, 07:42 AM

I assume you would be first in line for the fish id TEST?

Lefty-Canuck
05-04-2012, 07:50 AM

I am guessing Rundle Park will be added to your river fishing rotation Geezle? :)

......pssst.....I'll meet you there :)

LC

Mark H
05-04-2012, 10:45 AM
That fish is a saugeye, and.... ( Best Guide) just got demoted to "average at best" guide. :)

curtis_rak
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I marked about a dozen 10-12' deep holes between the Goldbar launch and the Rundle park island. Everyone of them has walleye and sauger in them. Also caught a small burbot in one. Just waiting to get lucky and catch a sturgeon one day (fingers crossed).

In mid-september you can't keep the fish off around those ddeeper holes, and the water is at about 8 feet of visibility.

05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I think you missd the humour/sarcasm in my post. I was not saying people shouldn't know their fish, just commenting on the large numbers of people with differing opinions on what fish number 2 is! Didn't intend to offend. Sense of humour is a wonderful thing!

Pretty difficult to read sarcasm .

codywf
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
I assume you would be first in line for the fish id TEST?

gladly, I'll be the first to admit that I have never seen a saugeye, yet I'm well aware of both species, my knowledge of identifying a fish would have told me to put it back ( as i would with any NSR fish), When people can't tell the difference between types of trout, or a walleye and perch, thats when we have a problem.

I'm not suggesting we throw pictures or tiger,splake, cuttbow, saugeye. A basic test to ensure the average fisherman is aware of the main differences between certain fish.

tonypower
05-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Just thought I would add my two cents. Its a pickerel. LOL!!

TyreeUM
05-04-2012, 02:47 PM
gladly, I'll be the first to admit that I have never seen a saugeye, yet I'm well aware of both species, my knowledge of identifying a fish would have told me to put it back ( as i would with any NSR fish), When people can't tell the difference between types of trout, or a walleye and perch, thats when we have a problem.

I'm not suggesting we throw pictures or tiger,splake, cuttbow, saugeye. A basic test to ensure the average fisherman is aware of the main differences between certain fish.

If someone is ignorant enough to keep a fish they are not even able to identify, I am not sure an identification test is really going to curb these people from poaching...maybe im wrong though.

huntsfurfish
05-04-2012, 02:54 PM
That fish is a saugeye, and.... ( Best Guide) just got demoted to "average at best" guide. :)

:)LOL 2nd that

ddddd05
05-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Nice Rocky that is a good sized one forsure.

As for the other fish, definitely not a Sauger because it has the white spot on the tail. I agree with the other guys that said Saugeye because it has the black spots on the dorsal fins (although they are not very clear).

Where on the NSR did you catch them? I've never caught a RMW out of the NSR. I've never caught a Burbot out of the NSR either but I saw a guy catch one tonight.

05-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Where on the NSR did you catch them? I've never caught a RMW out of the NSR. I've never caught a Burbot out of the NSR either but I saw a guy catch one tonight.

Its getting kinda late now but if you go further up river where water remains colder you cant damn near keep em off your hook , Kinda like Goldeye when water warms up .

EP2
05-05-2012, 09:05 AM
If someone is ignorant enough to keep a fish they are not even able to identify, I am not sure an identification test is really going to curb these people from poaching...maybe im wrong though.

When it comes down to rocky mountain whitefish (admittedly rarer in Edmonton than say---Rocky ;) ) versus sucker, that is a pretty glaringly obvious case of misidentification.

They weren't not identifying the white, they were positively identifying it as a sucker. Could have ended up booted into the bushes if the person was different.

I am all down for a test. However, what do you make the law--100%, 90, 85, 75. At what point do you say: sure you got X wrong, but now you know, or, go home, read this, and come back tomorrow.

Same reason why guys over 65 should still need some sort of license. I am sure there are those that do not go out and get new regs every year. Paying a few bucks ensures they have to go through the process (even if they buy online, they go right past the regulations).

buckbrushoutdoors
10-16-2012, 11:38 AM
You have a negative comment for every thread yet you cannot identify a whitefish. Your obviously a complete fool. Way to go

NSR Monger
10-16-2012, 11:47 AM
You have a negative comment for every thread yet you cannot identify a whitefish. Your obviously a complete fool. Way to go

funny how the entire forums only way to make fun of me is that I couldnt not identify a couple fish.

so original, really hurts my feelings

BGSH
10-16-2012, 11:50 AM
funny how the entire forums only way to make fun of me is that I couldnt not identify a couple fish.

Then quit hating on everybody and you know what they say what goes around comes around, you bring it all upon yourself.

NSR Monger
10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Then quit hating on everybody and you know what they say what goes around comes around, you bring it all upon yourself.

I dont really care if people make fun of me cuz i couldn't identify a whitefish or a saugeye. Every time someone wants to rip in to me they use that, it doesnt bother me, its hardly original anymore.

also if you re-read the thread I am for sure not the only person to have a hard time identifying the second fish.

BGSH
10-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I dont really care if people make fun of me cuz i couldn't identify a whitefish or a saugeye. Every time someone wants to rip in to me they use that, it doesnt bother me, its hardly original anymore.

You bash the geeks for keeping one fish out of a million, you bash me all the time which makes for great entertainment and you bash many others as well, grow up man.

NSR Monger
10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
You bash the geeks for keeping one fish out of a million, you bash me all the time which makes for great entertainment and you bash many others as well, grow up man.

lol you keep going!!!!!

do you actually think that is the biggest burbot ever caught in the world!?! you dont think anyone has EVER in the HISTORY of the earth caught a bigger burbot?? its only the biggest burbot someone had to kill for no reason just to put on their wall. like cmon man give your head a shake.

The official world record for pike is roughly 55lbs, though there is cases reported from the 1920's in europe of 80-90lb pike. I'm sure this is the case with burbot and every other species. Not everyone cares about nor thinks about a WR when they catch a big fish. Some of us would just go "holy smokes thats a big fish!!!!!" (take some pics and let it go) without ever considering, hey If i kill this for no reason I can get it verified .

I'll let this end, but not if you keep going after I have tried to stop

Penner
10-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Also a Rocky Mountain White and a Saugeye no doubt about it.

Fishnafterwork
10-16-2012, 12:34 PM
do you actually think that is the WR for a burbot!?!?! you dont think anyone has EVER in the HISTORY of the earth caught a bigger burbot?? its only the biggest burbot someone had to kill for no reason just to put on their wall. like cmon man give your head a shake.

The official world record for pike is roughly 55lbs, though there is cases reported from the 1920's in europe of 80-90lb pike. I'm sure this is the case with burbot and every other species. Not everyone cares about nor thinks about a WR when they catch a big fish. Some of us would just go "holy smokes thats a big fish!!!!!" (take some pics and let it go) without ever considering, hey If i kill this for no reason I can get it verified .

Ethics police??? What buisness is it of yours if the geek keeps any or all of his fish?.... He is well within his legal rights...!!
If you choose to not keep your fish that is your choice!!
And leave people who choose to keep theirs alone!
I know I know your just trying to educate the rest of us on caring for fish...
Like in your rainbow trout thread laying on the rocks....
I don't care if you lay your fish on the rocks but don't cast stones if you yourself are not without fault... It's not just about not bring able to Id a fish but others arnt trying to pick on everything you do or say... Cause they are intimidated of u attacking them.. You clearly have an issue understanding the differences in engaging in conversation and calling people out... For someone so new to fishing that make so many mistakes u sure have a lot of advise for the amature geek about the few things u have learned.... This is not conversation or discussion or education or whatever u wanna call it .... It is straight up abuse... I would advise you to take a bit more time thinking before u type as I have never herd suck verbal diahareea as what comes from u & never have I seen anyone write anything like "kill u for the wall" or "who's fillet knife is bigger" except for you and as it appears you have made a few enemies I'm sure a fee people are just waiting for u to slip up

Bottom line keeping a burbot - perfectly legal
Some of your comments - very borderline

keeks
10-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Fish 1.....Sturgeon.
Fish 2.....Golden Trout. Very common in the NSR.

RavYak
10-16-2012, 07:23 PM
FFS BGSH and Monger. Kiss and make up already you bunch of over dramatic attention *****s...

Graffy91
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM

Seriously dude, you're worse than a highschool girl.

Vigsy
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Seriously dude, you're worse than a highschool girl.
actually i find highschool girls much more intelligent and mature :)

Graffy91
10-16-2012, 09:30 PM

Hence why I said he's worse haha.

Never seen a guy like to bitch, complain, and diminish people more when he handles fish like their nothing but yet seems to bitch at other people for it.

:argue2:

EZM
10-16-2012, 09:34 PM
lol you keep going!!!!!

do you actually think that is the biggest burbot ever caught in the world!?! you dont think anyone has EVER in the HISTORY of the earth caught a bigger burbot?? its only the biggest burbot someone had to kill for no reason just to put on their wall. like cmon man give your head a shake.

Monger - seems a bit harsh to be attacking someone's friend for catching a world record fish or two...... anyone can do it right???? pretty lucky guys, both brothers seem to have luck .......... lol ...... your comments are misdirected.

Maybe a good job, congratulations would be the normal thing to do ..... but to deplete someones achievement is pretty classless. These guys put in time and effort and deserve recognition and respect.

Forgive me for saying so - I'd suggest you might be out of line.

Vigsy
10-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Hence why I said he's worse haha.

Never seen a guy like to bitch, complain, and diminish people more when he handles fish like their nothing but yet seems to bitch at other people for it.

:argue2:

crazy how us 17 year olds are baffled at the immaturity of a grown "man" like him

OneGirlWolfPack
10-16-2012, 09:53 PM
crazy how us 17 year olds are baffled at the immaturity of a grown "man" like him

You're 17? I never would have guessed that.

Very well said EZM. :)

Lefty-Canuck
10-16-2012, 10:05 PM

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/lefty-canuck/funnies/PS_0066_PLANET_t.jpg

LC :)

Geezle
10-16-2012, 10:14 PM

"That's what I love about high school girls...I get older...they stay the same age."

Vigsy
10-16-2012, 10:37 PM
You're 17? I never would have guessed that.

whys that ha? yep 17 for another 4 months

Lefty-Canuck
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM

Could be that she likes her meat a little bit more well done....and not so tender :)

LC :)

Bhflyfisher
10-16-2012, 10:41 PM

they both need to just nut up and get over it. I totally agree with you though. I'm 17 too, my little brother who's 14 acts like these 2 dorks.

Vigsy
10-16-2012, 10:44 PM
they both need to just nut up and get over it. I totally agree with you though. I'm 17 too, my little brother who's 14 acts like these 2 dorks.

Ya its pretty sad... but i dont mind best guide ha its monger who needs a tune up.

DiabeticKripple
10-16-2012, 10:45 PM
18 years here, sometimes act like 10.

but the name calling in here is junior high. i wouldnt class it as high school. in high school they use baaaad words like c$%t

Bhflyfisher
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Ya its pretty sad... but i dont mind best guide ha its monger who needs a tune up.

Again agree with you there as well. BUT I could still do without the hundreds of pictures of the same size walleye though...

Vigsy
10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Again agree with you there as well. BUT I could still do without the hundreds of pictures of the same size walleye though...

meh no big deal to me, if it were all the same fish maybe.. but after fishing with him enough times being right beside him using the same thing and him outfishing me 3-1 over and over il give the guy the credit he deserves.

BGSH
10-16-2012, 10:59 PM
meh no big deal to me, if it were all the same fish maybe.. but after fishing with him enough times being right beside him using the same thing and him outfishing me 3-1 over and over il give the guy the credit he deserves.

LOL thanks bro, i have the stuff i owe you as well, sorry could not make it out there on Sunday, will hopefully get together soon and maybe catch some more fish.

Vigsy
10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
LOL thanks bro, i have the stuff i owe you as well, sorry could not make it out there on Sunday, will hopefully get together soon and maybe catch some more fish.

sounds good.

OneGirlWolfPack
10-16-2012, 11:09 PM

You just come across as really mature on here. :)

Vigsy
10-16-2012, 11:13 PM
You just come across as really mature on here. :)

Well thank ya, some people (monger) should take a few tips.

Graffy91
10-17-2012, 08:02 AM
"That's what I love about high school girls...I get older...they stay the same age."

Hahahahahaha knew this was coming. :sHa_shakeshout:

NSR Monger
10-17-2012, 10:22 AM
does no one else see the irony in talking smack to me because you dont like what I say or do, when that is the exact reason I talk smack to some of you guys??? So really you are doing the EXACT same thing I am doing.......voicing your opinion on a public forum........So anyone who has ripped into me or talked smack to me, you are no better then I am. Remember that!

Bhflyfisher
10-17-2012, 10:44 AM

No no no. I totally give him credit for catching all the fish he does. I'm not saying that. I was saying more along the lines of catching 30 20" walleye, and taking a picture of everyone of them just to prove he caught them. He's very skilled and I don't doubt that he's catching more fish then most of the members on here. But at what point do you stop taking hundreds of the same pictures. He's obviously got the skill, which he has proved. I'm not doubting that.

Vigsy
10-17-2012, 11:12 AM
No no no. I totally give him credit for catching all the fish he does. I'm not saying that. I was saying more along the lines of catching 30 20" walleye, and taking a picture of everyone of them just to prove he caught them. He's very skilled and I don't doubt that he's catching more fish then most of the members on here. But at what point do you stop taking hundreds of the same pictures. He's obviously got the skill, which he has proved. I'm not doubting that.

If thats the case whats the point of putting any trout or other species you catch up? We have all seen fish like that before. Now to be clear im not saying dont, I like all posts and it doesnt bother me if they look the same. Its a fishing forum and if you go fishing and catch fish that are the same as your last post, good on ya! Post em up who cares good posts with lots of pics are what make this forum awsome. And if we all start worrying if our posts look like another then its just going to go downhill real quick. Point being if you go fishing catch fish and take pictures, post em.

NSR Monger
10-17-2012, 11:32 AM
If thats the case whats the point of putting any trout or other species you catch up? We have all seen fish like that before. Now to be clear im not saying dont, I like all posts and it doesnt bother me if they look the same. Its a fishing forum and if you go fishing and catch fish that are the same as your last post, good on ya! Post em up who cares good posts with lots of pics are what make this forum awsome. And if we all start worrying if our posts look like another then its just going to go downhill real quick. Point being if you go fishing catch fish and take pictures, post em.

yeah but BGSH thinks that because he posts the most pics, he catches the most fish.....also he thinks if you dont post 100 pics of every fish like he does that means you dont catch any fish at all........and you say its ok as long as its not the same fish for 5 pics.........go look at some of his threads, literally 3-5 pics of the exact same fish, there is 15 pics but of only 3 fish, then he says he caught 45 that day.

Graffy91
10-17-2012, 11:40 AM
yeah but BGSH thinks that because he posts the most pics, he catches the most fish.....also he thinks if you dont post 100 pics of every fish like he does that means you dont catch any fish at all........and you say its ok as long as its not the same fish for 5 pics.........go look at some of his threads, literally 3-5 pics of the exact same fish, there is 15 pics but of only 3 fish, then he says he caught 45 that day.

WHO CARES.

WE'RE HERE FOR FISHING, NOT TO BE DRAMA QUEENS LIKE YOU.

:argue2::argue2::argue2::argue2:

NSR Monger
10-17-2012, 11:44 AM
WHO CARES.

WE'RE HERE FOR FISHING, NOT TO BE DRAMA QUEENS LIKE YOU.

:argue2::argue2::argue2::argue2:

he has constantly told me I catch no fish cuz i dont post as many pics as him.....how am I the drama queen, why do you guys like jerking off BGSH so much

AK47
10-17-2012, 11:50 AM
back to original question: No doubt what first fish is, and second is saugeye. As with all hybrids they can take more or less traits from each species, thus none of two saugeyes will look exactly the same. But no walleye will have black spots on dorsal fin and no sauger will have white spot on the tail or no black markings on anal fin. Thus - it is saugeye or wallger:)

NSR Monger
10-17-2012, 11:52 AM
back to original question: No doubt what first fish is, and second is saugeye. As with all hybrids they can take more or less traits from each species, thus none of two saugeyes will look exactly the same. But no walleye will have black spots on dorsal fin and no sauger will have white spot on the tail or no black markings on anal fin. Thus - it is saugeye or wallger:)

lol sorry dude, this is a 6 month old thread, the question has been answered a long time ago, thread got brought back to the top cuz thats the only way people can try to offend me on this forum......cuz I asked what kind of fish those are hahahaha omg I'm so offended

Vigsy
10-17-2012, 12:35 PM

Your not quite the brightest are you? You dont even deserve a response anymore.

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 12:55 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/picard_facepalm.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/images2.jpg

Bhflyfisher
10-17-2012, 02:49 PM

I completely understand where you're coming from. I dont want to get into another discussion on this thread about pictures. If you want to have a good conversation about it, feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to discuss.

huntsfurfish
10-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Wow, I think both need a time out!

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 03:53 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/motherofgod.jpg

This thread is ridiculous....

I hereby change the theme of this thread to: ADORABLE KITTENS.

Enjoy!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/too-cute-kitten_3792641_lrg.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/St-Louis-Most-Adorable-Kitten-Ashley-272x300.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/marcus_serven2-3.jpg

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 03:54 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/images-1.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/cute_kittens_sleeping.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/cute_kitten_wants_a_hug.jpg

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 03:54 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/baby-kittens-waking-up.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/Adorable-lil-Kittens-cute-kittens-9781800-1024-768.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/Adorable-Kitties12.jpg

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 03:55 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/Adorable-Kittens-3-cats-18476211-448-336.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/AdorableKitten.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/443.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/_cute_kitten.jpg

Lefty-Canuck
10-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Awwww how cute are they.....

LC

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 04:00 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/messyeater2.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/lgwiz02715fluffy-kittens-cute-baby-cats-poster.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/images-2.jpg

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/14601656-adorable-small-kittens-in-wicker-basket.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/10629569-adorable-cute-kittens-on-white-background.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/4015000_f1.jpg

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/download.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/awww_adorable_kittens_640_10.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/awww_adorable_kittens_200_100.jpg

Vigsy
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
read again, since your not the brightest vigsy, unless its hard to read cuz u've been taking facials from BGSH all day and its all up in ur eyes

EDIT: MOFUGGER21 - sweet pics man, I like them
Thank you for proving our points that your maturity level is that of a pre pubescent little boy.

NSR Monger
10-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Thank you for proving our points that your maturity level is that of a pre pubescent little boy.

do you really think I care what you think about me vigsy? you are some little punk who would never talk trash to me in person

hahahaha mofugger, how long did it take you to find all those pics!!

ZeeFishing
10-17-2012, 04:19 PM

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 04:26 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/u69Ix9iWTn7flat1HI0q5dguo1_500.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/kitten_and_chick.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/cute-little-kitten-cat-fur-ball.jpg

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 04:26 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/cute-kittens-nap-together.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/Cute-Kittens-kittens-16124041-1280-800.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/Cute-Kittens-kittens-16122540-1280-800.jpg

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/cute-kitten-502.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/10404255.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/91159-kittens-cute.jpg

MoFugger21
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
I hereby change the theme of this thread to: ADORABLE KITTENS.

Quoted in case people missed the theme change of this thread