PDA

View Full Version : eeeek my biggest pike ever!

moosehunter3-0
03-23-2008, 03:09 PM

Lethalconnection
03-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Those are some great lookin pike congrats on your btd that deserves a
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/IMG_1999.jpg

Looks like the pike i catch can longer eat the ones you catch haha now your in the big leagues. Congrats

TundraBuck
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Yet another spawner kept. We NEED to create some sort of slot. Nice catch though.

Pioneer2
03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
According to F+W pike spawn at 4 years of age.The only difference is quanity of eggs at that age they're all spawners......................Harold

dodger
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I see that on this forum it's starting every time someone post a pic of a "LEGALY" caught fish someone has to take a cheap shot?? Good fish and thanks for posting your pics.

Dodger.

TundraBuck
03-23-2008, 03:49 PM
No cheap shot intended. Conservation wise, we need to be keeping the 25 ish inch range fish for eating and releasing the bigger ones.

nube
03-23-2008, 04:09 PM
The poor kid has been bashed pretty hard the past couple months from shooting a porcupine to keeping a decent sized fish. Lay off the guy. Nothing wrong with keeping a fish. It's legal isn't it? It may not be the best thing to do but we are not all catch and release fisherman and nothin wrong with killin a legal fish to fry up.

Gordoats26
03-23-2008, 04:14 PM
No cheap shot intended. Conservation wise, we need to be keeping the 25 ish inch range fish for eating and releasing the bigger ones.
Couldnt agree more. but its tough to give someone sh*t for keeping a fish they are legaly allowed to keep, till our goverment wakes up and creates some kind of a slot limit even if they let you keep the real big ones still. maybe you throw back the 10 to 16 lbers which are the majority of the big fish being caught and kept. just my 2 cents, but none the less Nice Catch.

buckmaster
03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Couldnt agree more. but its tough to give someone sh*t for keeping a fish they are legaly allowed to keep, till our goverment wakes up and creates some kind of a slot limit even if they let you keep the real big ones still. maybe you throw back the 10 to 16 lbers which are the majority of the big fish being caught and kept. just my 2 cents, but none the less Nice Catch.

Well said gord oats,if its legal whats the problem.That would be up to F&W to change regulations not a couple of individuals on here that dont agree:rolleye2:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Great Fish Moosehunter And Cousin, Those Must Of Been Fun To Haul Thru The Ice , Always Great Seeing Your Photos, Dont Worry About These All Knowing Fish Guys Nothing Wrong With Keeping The Odd Fish To Cook And Eat , As Far As I Care Pike Tastes Better Then Any Turkey. Keep Up The Great Fishing We All Enjoy Your Photos.

lilsundance
03-23-2008, 04:51 PM
good job on your Largest Fish ever.
For those of you who feel that keeping it is wrong instead of telling some young outdoorsman its wrong to keep the largest fish he has ever caught I suggest you tell the fish and wildlife Biologist's.
For all the abuse this kid has taken from some of you all I can say is he has a tuff skin to keep coming back and sharing his success's with us. He is a true outdoorsman and welcome in my camp anytime.
For some who think we should be keeping the 25 inchers in a lot of lakes 63cm(24 5/8 " approx) is the size limit and nothing less than that is legal so anything bigger is a well deserved keeper. Yes a lot release them and that is good. But for those who keep and eat the bigger ones thats fine too. You don't have to like that fact. But trying to force your morals on someone else is a bigger sin than keeping the fish. imho

Pioneer2
03-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Yes I'm sure when they're hunting they also leave the 160 class and larger bucks for seed taking just the forkhorns and spikes...............Harold

Drano
03-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Nice Fish Moosehunter 3-0,

Great pics thanks for sharing,

Drano:wave:

Nationwide
03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh Tundrabuck you're just hilarious, you should apply to be on the comedy network im rolling on the floor laughing. :lol: :lol:

Not.

Bogman10
03-23-2008, 06:56 PM
That is one big " Ukranian Mermaid" Buddy! ( It's Ok, my Wife is a Ukranian ). Don't let these guys give you hard of a time. I tend to put the bigger ones back ( less work cleaning and they do hold the gene's to make more Big fish )BUT IF IT'S your biggest fish ever, why not? In fact with all that Pike meat to eat it will be awhile till you have Harvest another! Again great job! Keep those Pics coming!
Ps: I am very jealous that you get to spend so much time outdoors having fun!!!
your a lucky guy!

Roebag
03-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Congrats on your pike!

How do you guys usually cook your pike?
I like mine totally deboned, floured, egged, then breaded and baked.
Fillets off of a 10-15 lb'er are best for this

TundraBuck
03-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Yes I'm sure when they're hunting they also leave the 160 class and larger bucks for seed taking just the forkhorns and spikes...............Harold

This is irrelevant. You can't compare deer conservation to fisheries conservation.

03-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I reckon someones a little jelious cus the kid caught a bigger fish then you ever have .:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TundraBuck
03-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I reckon someones a little jelious cus the kid caught a bigger fish then you ever have .:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, not at all. I have caught much larger pike than that, and many years ago caught a 47 inch pike up at Reindeer Lake.

03-23-2008, 08:23 PM
uh right on got any pictures hahaha im just kidding , I see alot of b.s. on these forums , but its all good .

Pioneer2
03-23-2008, 08:43 PM
How praytell is a fish gene pool different from a mammals? Biggest ,strongest most fit sounds a lot like natural selection to me .Would not all fish in a med-small lake share the same genes?No different than all the deer if confined in a same sized area most certainly would be.Pike have been recorded to have swam over 30 miles to spawn.Large lakes would be more diversified....................Slave Lake or the Great Lakes for instance........Harold *I don't mind polite debate .I may learn something I didn't know

TundraBuck
03-23-2008, 09:08 PM
How praytell is a fish gene pool different from a mammals? Biggest ,strongest most fit sounds a lot like natural selection to me .Would not all fish in a med-small lake share the same genes?No different than all the deer if confined in a same sized area most certainly would be.Pike have been recorded to have swam over 30 miles to spawn.Large lakes would be more diversified....................Slave Lake or the Great Lakes for instance........Harold *I don't mind polite debate .I may learn something I didn't know

And I think thats what this is about. I think with many peoples different inputs we should be able to come up with some sort of plan to present to SRD.

TundraBuck
03-23-2008, 09:09 PM
uh right on got any pictures hahaha im just kidding , I see alot of b.s. on these forums , but its all good .

John I do have pictures in my photo album, this was from 1982 though. I will try and use the scanner at work when I go back (May) and put a bunch of my photos up. I need to buy a digital camera badly.

OutwardBound
03-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Great fish and I bet it was a heck of a fight. Good on you for getting outside and sharing your stories with us.

Danni

03-23-2008, 09:17 PM
heak 1982 that was a good year that was the year I was born lmao

TundraBuck
03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
heak 1982 that was a good year that was the year I was born lmao

LOL, yer just a young fella then! I thought by your pics you were a middle aged guy, not a 25/26 year old lol.

03-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Yes sir ill be 26 come October .

TundraBuck
03-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Yes sir ill be 26 come October .

Right on. I'd say my late twenties to mid thirties were the best times of my life, lots of good times camping hunting and fishing. I remember one year I got my sheep, moose, elk, whitetail, mule deer and more grouse and ptarmigan than you can shake a stick at. SO much meat I was able to share with my friends and family.

Donny Bear
03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Great fish Moosehunter remember in with the good out with the bad you are a highlight in this forum keep posting cause you are the future!!!:D

Awsome keep up the good work !!!!:cool:

gunslinger
03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Went out this morning with my dad and my cousin and I caught a 38" jack on an anchovie! http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/moosehunter30/IMG_0793.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/moosehunter30/IMG_0795.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/moosehunter30/IMG_0809.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/moosehunter30/IMG_0803.jpghttp://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/moosehunter30/IMG_0804.jpg
^lol
We had a really good morning, I caught a 38" and a 29" and my cousin caught two 29" pike and a whitefish.

awsome fish bud, boy your having a great year so far, keep the pics coming and just like the porcupine stuff dont let it bother ya, its your trophy of a lifetime so far and i couldnt be happier for ya, if only we could get all the kids your age out and do what you do,,dandy catch once again moose.

03-23-2008, 10:33 PM
As gunslinger says keep up the great fishing , seeing more and more kids your age wouldnt be a bad thing and it also keeps ya outta trouble not partying and doing drugs and all the crime stuff.

Alberta Bigbore
03-23-2008, 10:44 PM
thats a awesome fish. Thanks for posting the pics. Some of us are waiting for wabs to open up anxiously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deano
03-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Great job Moosehunter!!!!! Congrats on a great day!!!!

I will not be sarcastic this time, some people are to stupid to read between the lines. If someone posts a pic of a great fish that is caught legally, and is of legal size, why post anything negative about it? If you have a problem complain to the people who make the laws, and start a post about it. What is the point in saying something negative about a couple of great pics and a very happy young angler who has done nothing wrong?

theduke
03-24-2008, 12:05 AM
nice fish, sure beats anyof my pike caught, congrats and keep it up, the more you get out the more addicting it gets

theduke
03-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Great job Moosehunter!!!!! Congrats on a great day!!!!

I will not be sarcastic this time, some people are to stupid to read between the lines. If someone posts a pic of a great fish that is caught legally, and is of legal size, why post anything negative about it? If you have a problem complain to the people who make the laws, and start a post about it. What is the point in saying something negative about a couple of great pics and a very happy young angler who has done nothing wrong?

exactly

TundraBuck
03-24-2008, 09:20 AM
exactly

You know we could go on and on debating the right and wrong. We all have different opinions. Congrats to the kid on a nice fish, but if it was me, it would have went back.

TexasTornado
03-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Great fish, i would have thrown it back to but it's legal and your entitled to keep it if you choose..............

Cheers,

Jamie
03-25-2008, 12:11 AM
GREAT FISH.

Keep them all till you get sick of it, then throw a few back.
Fantastic work and dont let those guys get to you. I would imagine they have kept a few in the past as well.

On another note.. Sometimes this board makes me feel ashamed. SOME of you guys need to get with it and relize who you are dealing with.

Its a shame really. a guy can get a ton of info off this board, then we have conversations like this. It seems this young fellow is just doing what most of the folks I knew did. He has shot some porkys, he has kept some fish I would imagine he as even shot a few yotes and left them in the field:innocent:

You guys really need to take those attitudes and lose them.. Lose them before we lose yet another young person from our ranks. He comes here looking for friendships, not critics. Those leasons will come with age and from leading by a good example.. Not from people shooting thier mouths off on a Web site. In fact I could see it driving him away from all of this.

Jamie

ULTRAlite
03-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Nice hog there dude - congrats :)

SNAPFisher
03-25-2008, 04:36 PM
LOL! WOW! Some of you peeps need to stop taking yourself so seriously. Life is good and fishing is best!

MooseHunter, good on you! I share the some of the same fishing grounds that you and your family enjoy. One of these times I imagine we will run into one another. I look forward to meeting you and/or your dad one day.

I was out at Gull last Thursday and enjoyed more burbot than I could handle. Also some very, very large pike including a 15 lber that I managed to land. Here are some pics.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/APetesky/Gull0320005.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/APetesky/Gull0320001.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/APetesky/Gull0320002.jpg

FYI, the pike was released. I was looking to keep one, just not one that big. .....too much cleaning for me :)

Cheers!

claas
03-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Great fish! My boy loves catchin them slabbers to, Easier to take the bones out ;)

-JR-
03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Congrats on those keepers ,Were they good eaters at that size!