PDA

View Full Version : cold lake camping

laker taker2
05-04-2012, 10:27 PM
is anyone familiar with the camp ground on the east side of cold lake in Saskatchewan? I'm curious to know if there is actually a boat launch there or not. I was there a few years back and we launched a larger boat of the beach with a truck. this year I'll be there in june but with my motorhome and the same boat. unsure if the big motorhome could beach launch or not. A decent ramp of any kind would be nice..........

anyone know first hand? the campground was small if memory serves.

skidderman
05-05-2012, 12:49 AM
No boat launch, just a sandy beach with a few rocks thrown in for boat bumpers. That is if we are talking about the same place.

208prov
05-05-2012, 07:35 AM
is anyone familiar with the camp ground on the east side of cold lake in Saskatchewan? I'm curious to know if there is actually a boat launch there or not. I was there a few years back and we launched a larger boat of the beach with a truck. this year I'll be there in june but with my motorhome and the same boat. unsure if the big motorhome could beach launch or not. A decent ramp of any kind would be nice..........

anyone know first hand? the campground was small if memory serves.

There is a launch right in the river mouth but getting out into the lake through the rocks is tricky, Not recomended, At the lake in the sand is also not great cause you sink out of sight. I launched a 17 ft in the river last year but you need calm water so you can see the rocks ahead.