PDA

View Full Version : spare spool for pfleuger trion 7/8

slivers86
05-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Guys n Gals

I am looking feverishly for a spare spool for my fly reel, and can't find any.

Anyone have this reel and know where I can get one... or is it going to boil down to ordering a second reel, for a second spool... and exhausting the first reel before I use the second (sounds like 25+ yrs of fishing outta 2 reels to me).... let me know :)

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-05-2012, 01:35 AM
CAll Up Trevor at the Reel Doctor . 780-431-0146

slivers86
05-05-2012, 01:36 AM
will do tomorrow, or monday. thanks bbj

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-05-2012, 01:40 AM
will do tomorrow, or monday. thanks bbj

Yeah let me know I can even pick it up for you and leave it with Jeff or something as Ill be down there next week , just let me know .

slivers86
05-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Still looking for a spare spool for this reel.

I did find a spare for my 4wt reel... think its worth it getting a sink line for that one, or should I wait and get one for the heavier reel>?

yulful
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Sliver!!
I just bought this reel last week with a promise that they still make replacement spools. I found out on monday that they have discontinued making the replacement spool. Rick (great guy) at wholesale sport has found out that "stream side" the harmony style will fit in the trion body. He wasnt 100% I have ordered two but havent seen them yet to approve. I'll keep you posted.

slivers86
05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Sliver!!
I just bought this reel last week with a promise that they still make replacement spools. I found out on monday that they have discontinued making the replacement spool. Rick (great guy) at wholesale sport has found out that "stream side" the harmony style will fit in the trion body. He wasnt 100% I have ordered two but havent seen them yet to approve. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks very much, if its a good fit, I might just order one. What was the cost for those spools

Okotokian
05-15-2012, 04:05 PM
nevermind. :)

slivers86
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Howdy,

I've recently (on my own) learned that my Streamside Harmony (which is still unused but seems to be a fine reel) is almost indentical to the Pflueger Trion.

They're obviously made in the same factory. The spare spools are exactly the same and interchangeable, but there are three differences ...

- The first is minor and cosmetic. The laser-engraved names are (obviously) different, and the CNC-machined lightening "cutouts" on the frame are slightly different. No big deal, either way ...

- The drag nob on the Streamside (a newer design) is grippier and much easier to adjust. A big deal ... if I ever (please God) get into a big fish!!

- Factory support on the Pflueger seems far better. After a few months I abandoned my efforts to get a spare spool from the Streamside distributor (via WS), and got one within a few weeks (via WS) from the Pflueger people. A big deal...

You pays your money, and you takes your choice.

Read more: http://mbff.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=feedback&action=display&thread=1818#ixzz1uyjn3lgr

Just found this on a manitoba fly fishing board. interesting :)

chubbdarter
05-15-2012, 08:27 PM
is the manufacturer number on the stem 403?
if yes i might be able to help you, whole reel just loaded with rio 8wf-f

selling off alot of fly gear

slivers86
05-19-2012, 01:40 AM
ill check in the AM chubb, in bed already :D

Greasemonkey
05-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm looking for two spare spools as well need a 1934,1956 can't find any anywheres why is there such a shortage I mean the reel is awesome why would they quit making spare spools, I bought them last year at wholesale went in last week to get the spare spool and they tell me it's not going to happen they don't make them anymore said I wanted a discount on the reel then he just laughed at me talked to the manager same response

slivers86
05-20-2012, 12:42 AM
i emailed pflueger about it, haven't gotten a response back from them yet. I guess there response will decide if I buy another one of the reels they sell, or take a step up into a more serious company.