PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in mud

Hogie135
05-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Anyone close to Whitecourt willing to help a couple guys stuck in mud. We're at a gas site off highway 32.

winger7mm
05-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Anyone close to Whitecourt willing to help a couple guys stuck in mud. We're at a gas site off highway 32.

Id be there in a heart beat if I was still around that area. Trust me you wont be stuck to long, there is alot of traffic out that way. Its alot worse if you get stuck after 8pm, usually spending the night if thats the case. Been there done that MORE THEN ENOUGH. A three foot shovel 5 or 6 tow ropes, and at the VERY least a hand winch. I dont know how many nights or hours iv spent sitting by a fire waiting for someone to show up but I can tell you its to many, I now have a winch lol

Hogie135
05-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks. Ya waited like a couple hours and finally someone came. He got stuck too! Luckily his daughter was in the area with another truck and she came and got him out followed by getting us out. Now off to find us a bear.

simmered
05-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks. Ya waited like a couple hours and finally someone came. He got stuck too! Luckily his daughter was in the area with another truck and she came and got him out followed by getting us out. Now off to find us a bear.

LOL, this thread made me laugh!........ sorry!
Good luck with your hunt

winger7mm
05-05-2012, 04:14 PM
LOL, this thread made me laugh!........ sorry!
Good luck with your hunt

lol It is funny, but it can be quite serious depending on where you are. A few years ago I was stuck north east of fox it took 8 days before someone came along, no cell service and I was real far back. thank god for squirrels and wild teas. it was to cold out (-29)to find any grouse. I think I ate around 29 squirrels that week. Not much to do while your stuck wondering htf your gonna get out, but make a sweet ass camp and find food. whittle up some items for eating with and read.

simmered
05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah I know I work in the area and know who remote some of the roads and leases can be. I work in a control room for our field and we keep a tally on how many times in bad weather people are stuck durring the day. Only reason I laugh, it reminded me of that.
Glad he got out, I would have went down and got ya if you were still stuck when I got off!!!
See anything hogie?

winger7mm
05-05-2012, 04:19 PM
This thread right here is pretty much my only belief in karma. I dunno how many times Ive been stuck and have been helped out. I have also helped out quite a few people. I have also been passed by numerous people who didnt even slow down to see what the problem was with a guy flagging them down on the side of a bush road. There was only once I never helped someone. The guy was tail gating me at 70km/h on a road that was narrow and ice covered (not snow but ice) finally after a few km it was wide enough to let him by, 3 corners later he was in the ditch stuck, gave him a "friendly" wave as I drove by lol. Hogie, remember getting pulled out and stop next time you see someone stuck :)

winger7mm
05-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah I know I work in the area and know who remote some of the roads and leases can be. I work in a control room for our field and we keep a tally on how many times in bad weather people are stuck durring the day. Only reason I laugh, it reminded me of that.
Glad he got out, I would have went down and got ya if you were still stuck when I got off!!!
See anything hogie?

If you dont mind me asking what control room for what field??

simmered
05-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I work out in Devon.
When the snow gets bad or in the spring its always a challenge to come up with a interesting way of asking on the radio for someone to come over and see you.
you can only use "I have a question for you" so many times! :D

Karma is right, I pulled a rig push out one day and it took him 2 years but he finally got the chance to pull me out! haha sometimes it just takes a while for the full circle.

Scottsman
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks. Ya waited like a couple hours and finally someone came. He got stuck too! Luckily his daughter was in the area with another truck and she came and got him out followed by getting us out. . . .

Hope you had this on your mp3 player Truck got stuck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM)

Hogie135
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
The guy was super nice and wouldn't even take a case of beer in return for his troubles. If I ever have te chance to help him out I would in a heart beat! Just glad we got out and didn't ruin our day. We saw two today. The first was walki g along the tree line off the main highway. We pull off the road to try and stalk him. Couldn't find him. Find a **** load of fresh scat tho and a path they definately use frequently. We walked probably a good click back the path and nothin there. Then we drove up to fox creek and saw a small one on the side of the road but he was spooked as soon as we slowed down to check him out. Good day tho!

catnthehat
05-05-2012, 04:44 PM

This sounds exactly like the song - didn't see a big ol' Hudderite truck, by chance, didja?:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

209x50
05-05-2012, 05:14 PM
lol It is funny, but it can be quite serious depending on where you are. A few years ago I was stuck north east of fox it took 8 days before someone came along, no cell service and I was real far back. thank god for squirrels and wild teas. it was to cold out (-29)to find any grouse. I think I ate around 29 squirrels that week. Not much to do while your stuck wondering htf your gonna get out, but make a sweet ass camp and find food. whittle up some items for eating with and read.
Be careful the Internet police on here don't report you for illegally killing squirrels.

winger7mm
05-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Be careful the Internet police on here don't report you for illegally killing squirrels.

life or death guys gotta eat man

Alberta Bigbore
05-05-2012, 08:53 PM
This thread brings back memories of getting stuck in a muddy ditch with JohninAB, BBJ, and myself. Quite.....the experience:scared0018::sHa_sarcasticlol:

leeaspell
05-06-2012, 12:14 AM
If i had to be in town I would gladly come rescue ya. Got the leveling kit and 35's on the truck and haven't had a reason to go play in the mud yet.

waterninja
05-06-2012, 02:34 AM
a.m.a. card. don't leave home without it.
glad you got out.

artie
05-06-2012, 03:04 AM
tire chains. I always carry a heavy duty set of chains. They work well in mud. Several times I have been flagged down by someone to pull them out. If it is muddy the first thing I do is throw on the chains on my truck before I also get stuck. One guy who was stuck off the road a bit made me laugh. The chains were digging so much mud that when I looked back as I pulled him the front of his truck was covered in mud. He could hardly see out of his front window.

bdub
05-06-2012, 06:03 AM

Holy crow winger that is quite the adventure.

winger7mm
05-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Holy crow winger that is quite the adventure.

Sure was lol and that is basically the whole reason I have a winch now. It has saved my sorry azz to many times to put a worth on the winch its self. If you spend any time in the back country I would get one. A hitch mount wired to the front and back works best (IMO). I have a device that allows me to attach it to my front tow hooks.

Redfrog
05-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Winger, was no one looking for you for the 8 days?

steve
05-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Link to news article?