PDA

View Full Version : lower chain lake & steele lake

superman_mike
05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
hey,
im brand new to this forum. just bought a house in athabasca. time to hit some lakes. heading to lower chain monday maybe tuesday as well. and heading to steele lake may long. ill let yahs know how i made out. ice should be just off of lower chain now.

kujo
05-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the forum

ogre
05-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the forum.
And definitely keep us posted on your adventures, (hint: more picture threads would be fantastic).

ThefishinChik
05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Hey everyone, I am new to this site. First post actually. Heading up to Cross Lake for May Long. Does anyone have any information if the lake is thawed or not? Debating if we should take the boat out of not? Would be nice to get out there, either way, don't wanna drag an extra vehicle and boat out for nothing if we won't be able to use it. Hope someone can let me know before next week. Happy fishin Ev1 :):sHa_shakeshout:

ogre
05-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey everyone, I am new to this site. First post actually. Heading up to Cross Lake for May Long. Does anyone have any information if the lake is thawed or not? Debating if we should take the boat out of not? Would be nice to get out there, either way, don't wanna drag an extra vehicle and boat out for nothing if we won't be able to use it. Hope someone can let me know before next week. Happy fishin Ev1 :):sHa_shakeshout:

I hope to be forgiven for this little derail to welcome you to the forum. Secondly I have no information to share regarding your request of Cross Lake information. DO use the search tool as I remember seeing a few threads pertaining to Cross Lake. If it should not turn out to be what you need, post a new thread for suggestions and I'm sure there will be senior forum members who would not mind lending some fishing wisdom.

waterninja
05-09-2012, 01:45 AM
welcome to both of you. look forward to future posts of your days on the water

Willowtrail
05-09-2012, 03:52 AM
As of yesterday I was told wabamun was almost ice free. Knowing that I would guess cross/steele would also be. Good luck up there

superman_mike
05-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Went to lower chain on the tues. Ice half off the lake. Slow going in the am, but as the day got warmer the fish started to bite a bit.

ThefishinChik
05-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I have tried, seeking info from everywhere, unfortunately no one seems to know the status of Cross Lake as of yet. I took the initiative of making a phonecall to the government, the lady was super nice. She said she wasn't sure, but it seems to look good for May Long. She took my email, and said in the next few days she will let me know for sure :) If anyone else is wondering about Cross Lake, I will gladly post again to let you all know if it has thawed.

superman_mike
06-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Fished cross and caught alot of Jack. Nothing big but alots. Good days out with the sisters.