PDA

View Full Version : Fishin' round Hinton?

rackwrecker
05-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck fishing around Hinton lately, I'm new to the area and was looking for a decent lake without ice on it!

slivers86
05-05-2012, 10:46 PM
best advice would be to check google maps for some larger bodies of water in the area. If there is a name on it, cross reference that on the search function of this forum. I'm not familiar with the area, or i'd try and help.

good luck :) As far as ice off, most lakes in AB not in the mountain region are ice off now, or nearly 100% ice free :)

curtis_rak
05-07-2012, 01:32 PM
The Athabasca can be really good between the Hwy 40 bridge and the Willow Creek bridge. There are a fair number of eddy's and a few streams that flow into the Atha-B in both the south and north shores where Rainbows, Bulls and Rockys can be caught....

Small spoons work pretty consistently (blue, silver, bronze colors) and small rainbow trout pattern rapalas.

hairygrump
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Look up William Switzer Provincial Park. They have a nice little trout pond up there. Millers lake is about a half hour east and that has some decent fishing. Lots water to cover there you just have to get out and explore. A belly boat will help you out in a big way.

BGSH
05-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck fishing around Hinton lately, I'm new to the area and was looking for a decent lake without ice on it!

try the hinton fish and game pond.