PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in National Parks

Pike_gurl
05-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Would it be worth it to buy a pass for the year? Any decent spots in Jasper area?

Pike_gurl
05-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Also I have a 4 yr old son, any tips or tricks on keeping him interested or kid friendly lakes that have off shore fishing where he can actually get a bite?

uplander
05-06-2012, 12:25 PM
ya if your going there and want to fish a bit you might as well buy the license and as for lakes with good fishing there's malinge lake,pyramid lake and a bunch of other easily accessible ones do a search there's some older threads that will give you all the advice you need for that area.

pike_king780
05-06-2012, 12:26 PM
TALBOT LAKE!!!! gorgeous there!! trust me!:sHa_shakeshout:plus its just right off of the highway! great fishing from shore by the reeds.. and yes i find its worth it, even if you only make it out a few times a year it pays for itself in that sense.

g_trout
05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Me and the kids(5 and 9) are going to Jasper on the long weekend. I was there last weekend and am looking forward to Talbot. Pyramid was still iced over but I think with the weather they are getting it will clear off fast. We are not sure about Maligne.

We will be renting a canoe and the kids are generally good in a boat. I figure we can bring some cars for the boy, a book for the girl, and a nice shore lunch to break up the day.

Good luck!

slivers86
05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.outdooralberta.com/nationalparks.php

check this link out. has a list of the lakes, trailheads to get to them. Tells which ones are a close walk from a parking lot, etc :)

Good luck! Not sure about how to keep the little one entertained, other than go somewhere with super agressive brookies to keep the hooks full of flesh :)