PDA

View Full Version : Kicking off 2012 fishing season

spenceryanke
05-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey,
so i have done alot of lake fishing and stuff but this summer i am going to stick alot to rivers locally. i live in calgary. i know and have been told to go south of the sewer plant and herd it was better. i can only fish from shore. now i cant get a new fly fishing set up this year and am having to use my spin cast rod and real. (rapala TSR2 rod and a pflugeger president 30 reel. and 8lbs mono spider wire line)

NOW MY QUESTION: what bait and lures would you suggest i use? and special technique for using a spin cast of shore into a river?

Thanks soo much cant wait to here some good replies.

Fish Count 2012: 0

slivers86
05-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Rapalas... silver/rainbow/brown - CD7 and bigger. cast it about 45 degrees up stream. I reel until it swings, than wait a second, and than jerk it around a bit before a slow retrieve - just enough to feel the rapala wiggle around.

PM's work well as well, not for me, but a lot of people have great luck with them.

Scott N
05-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Try using count down Rapalas, Buzz Bombs, or any variety of spinners or spoons. A word of caution though, be sure to check the regs because "bait" is not allowed in many moving waters, including the Bow (with a few exceptions).