PDA

View Full Version : sturgeon sanctuary

waterninja
05-07-2012, 01:13 PM
a neighbor i fish with was telling me that there is a sturgeon sanctuary on the river in edmonton where you are not allowed to fish. i just read a post where someone talked about a sturgeon spawning area and suggested fishing it. does anyone know more about this spawning and or sanctuary area? i appolagise in advance if it's already in the regs.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM
North Saskatchewan River
upstream of Highway 22/39 (Drayton Valley) – see Fish Management Zone 1, Watershed Unit ES2.
from Highway 22/39 (Drayton Valley) downstream to the Alberta/Saskatchewan border
River Only
Open all year – Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Walleye limit 0; Sauger limit 0 from Apr. 1 to May 14; Sauger limit 3 from May 15 to Mar. 31; Pike limit 1 over 63 cm; Burbot limit 10; Goldeye limit 10; Lake Sturgeon limit 0.

No Sturgeon Fishing Licences will be issued. Harvest opportunities have been suspended until stocks recover. Lake Sturgeon limit 0 for all waters in the province.

There is no talk of not being able to fish down there . In Fact the group of us who Tag sturgeon were encouraged to fish this area . But Like I stated earlier its a bit of hike to get into and very rocky but the result might be good . Like I said haven't fished that area in many years . All though I do have 20 Years sturgeon fishing on the river . I did it long before it was the cool thing to do .

I guess if you are gonna question my position and what im saying give the fine folks at Fish and Wildlife office in Edmonton a call . Edmonton 780-427-3574

FishingFrenzy
05-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Where is this "sanctuary"? I agree with BBJ, if it says your allowed to fish it in the regs, you can fish it.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Where is this "sanctuary"? I agree with BBJ, if it says your allowed to fish it in the regs, you can fish it.

Right near the dawson bridge .

FishingFrenzy
05-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Right near the dawson bridge .

Ok thats what I thought but wasn't sure, thanks man!