PDA

View Full Version : One very happy bear hunter!!!

Rennich98
05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Me and my uncle left for my black bear hunt sunday at about 9 and got to camp at about 12...but just before we got there Chris called and said that he had a bear at the bait for Jordan(me) and told us to hurry up so we could get in the stand as soon as possible...when we got there everyone at camp was so nice as we were going over rules while we got our gear on...then we drove about a mile up the road to Chris' bait...me and my uncle sat in the stand for just under 2 hours as a nice big boar comes walking in...he walked right past the bait and was walking straight towards us...he got to the point where he was about 3 yards away from us...but we had the advantage as we were 12 feet above the ground...we somehow managed to stay undetected...he stopped right under the tree broadside enough for me to get a shot...I pulled up my 7mm-08 slow enough that he wouldn't notice me...and pulled the trigger...he turned around and bolted into all the thick bush...we texted Chris and within 15 minutes he and one of the camp helpers, Tasha...were there to help recover...with no blood to follow Chris went by the direction he went and if it weren't for Chris...we never would've found my bear...it took only about 20 minutes to find him...and them everyone was taking pictures and congratulating me on my very first bear and first big game animal...we got the boar back to camp and we watched(and helped) Chris skin the bear...at camp they just do everything that a hunter could want...they come get your bear...skin it...salt it...or freeze it...so that you are ready to bring it to the taxidermist...overall the hunt was amazing...the girls made delicious meals after each day...my bear ended up weighing about 300 and measured 6'1...I was extremely satisfied with a bear like that...especially for a first...I'd like to thank Chris,Tasha,Karyn,and the boys for one heck of a hunt and would recommend this hunt to absolutely anyone...

H380
05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Congrats and a big one too , by the sound of it you'll never forget it . Now where's those pictures ??

CBintheNorth
05-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Isn't that the outfitter that was on here advertising a "free" hunt for a youths and got his post removed by the mods:scared0018:?

CBintheNorth
05-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Never mind, I see that it was. Nice to see that it was legit. Congrats

SugarCreek
05-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Congrats Jordan....nothing like having a bear be your first big game animal. My daughter did the same last year and we couldn't wipe the smile off her face for weeks.

Sure looking forward to seeing pics when you can post them.

Congrats once again.........Marco

Rather Be Hunting
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Great job:)
Well done.
RBH

ishootbambi
05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Isn't that the outfitter that was on here advertising a "free" hunt for a youths and got his post removed by the mods:scared0018:?

sounds like it.

im not sure who the op here is, but i know who he is talking about.

ganderblaster wrote this a while back about highwildnfree who turned out to be chris gerritse.

Here are a few clues I have picked up on detecting him for next time.

1. Offers a guided hunt for free or bait money in the spirit of helping another hunter.
2. Very smooth yarn spinner and quite charismatic at times on the keyboard quite gifted at portraying himself as a master outdoorsman.
3.A certain longtime forum member staunchly defends him every time he appears.

huntinstuff removed that post about a free bear hunt without saying why. its becoming clear. notice the name of the guide in this story? turns out last spring he was offering very similar bear hunts, and reports from a few forum members came back with good reviews. he doesnt seem to be shafting everyone, but he has done it to enough that guys should be careful.

Rennich, if you are for real congrats on your bear. If its just chris playing again....not cool.

Rennich98
05-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Nope everything was legit...and yes his name is Chris gerritse...he seems like such a nice guy and really knew what he was talking about...overall he was just so nice to us

Rennich98
05-08-2012, 09:31 PM
And yes I was the one who one the free youth bear hunt

Mekanik
05-08-2012, 09:35 PM
congrats on the good hunt and the win on the free hunt, always nice to see people take their first. got any pics to share?

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
05-09-2012, 08:58 PM
hell ya that's them,:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakesho ut::fighting0030: i'm one of the winners and am going up the 16-17-18 and maybe threw may long
wicked story- now about the pictures???! com on man post some pics:)

gr8tbigkid
05-09-2012, 09:18 PM
:sign0161:i am not sure who has ussues with Chris but they should relax sounds like the kids hunt was real huh.... he has an amazing place great food friendly people with amazing bears my brother his son(15) me and my son(15) all went up last week my nephew got his bear my son had 3 come in ddnt get comfortable shot so ddnt shoot(amazing kid ida shot even if wasnt grt hahaha)I am going up on 10th to hunt my bear... Chris is a very stand up kinda guy they only had two active site(somebody poached the one site we figure big big bear):budo: we were the first hunters so i ddnt get to hunt i just stayed with my 15 year old and took pics we left just as the one who started this thread got there and i think this is her bear the second is my sons bear that he ddnt get we are going back in the fall to finish the job school was more important than spending more time hunting..... and same thing chris heped skin and salt and freeze it Chris has a great setup and people in the AO if they have issue with him is not right itsa public forem he is doing nothing wrong... i would recomend anyone wants to hunt bears or deer goforit its amazing and the prices are even better ....:angry3:

ishootbambi
05-09-2012, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=gr8tbigkid;1432132Chris is a very stand up kinda guy :[/QUOTE]

chris has proven without a doubt he is absolutely not a stand up kinda guy, and thats why the warning.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=106963

check out this thread and follow the links in it to see more.

http://bearseast.proboards.com/index...int&thread=517

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=23554

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/searc...=5580589&pp=25

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=58935

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=58539

and what the owner of this forum posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miskosky
They aren't accusations, they are the truth. He is currently incarcerated for many of his scams, not only on this forum but on many others. My understanding is he will be out in 4 months time, maybe sooner if he's a good boy.

there are more, but that oughta do.

the fact that he has used this forum as a vehicle to shaft its members makes this exactly the place to put up warnings.

i already said that he has provided a few members of this forum with what he said he would, but he has scammed many more, so be careful.

gr8tbigkid
05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
The sad thing is somebody started a thread about an amazing bear hunt and it has been turned into anything cept them talking about that bear hunt ......first time was amazing awsome job sweet bear hope my pic was correct ....congrats on an:sHa_shakeshout::) amazing thing i hope my bear tumarow is as good!!!! or close ...lolol my nephews was awsome .....

ishootbambi
05-09-2012, 10:33 PM
its the same guy. he is out now, but he was in jail. did you actually read the links?

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/ishootbambi/chrisgerritse.jpg

and his much better half

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/ishootbambi/HWFbuck.jpg

if he hasnt screwed you, thats great to hear. nuff said.

fatboyz
05-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Funny did a quick search of the outfitter directory on APOS website and couldn't find any listing for him or his company.

buck-8835
05-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Seems to be a lot of people on here that know an awful lot about other people and what they may or may not have done in the past. All im going to say is i posted a thread last year asking for a bear baiting partner that would be willing to split costs and help me with checking them (Considering baiting is a very expensive process and i am currently in university and not working all the time.) Long story short i was also accused of being this guy (by some of the same people that are making accusation right now)

Congrats on the bear, I would love to see some pics whenever possible. As long as everything was legal I am very happy for you and very jealous as I have not yet shot mine!! lol. Again congrats.

Redfrog
05-10-2012, 04:56 AM
ok then you may be mistaken because this chris was not in jail and wasnt there while ago when we set up the hunt..... he was there so somebody has a mixup going on there the chris gerrites was there i have been txtn all day cause i am goin there tumarow and is not Incarcerated lolol his card on bottom picture..... if there is anyone wants to pm me that is ok to i just read bunch of thos forems and alot of not so nice stuff in there :argue2:

If you hunt here ask to see his liability insurance.

lilsundance
05-10-2012, 06:39 AM
no more promotions