PDA

View Full Version : E-TEC service dealers

thorne
05-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Well I have total lost faith in my current service dealer. So far my boat has been in the shop for 6 weeks for a 3 year service and to look at a small idle issue. I have been told repeatedly they are waiting on BRP to diagnose and get back to them regarding latest software versions which may have been causing the issue......loosing patients I called BRP to tell them to get their buts in gear, only to find out the last correspondence they had with my dealer was 2 weeks ago instructing them how to proceed and to get back to them with the results. The dealer never did get back to them. I explained the "Agressive Mapping" thing to the BRP technical report, and he had no idea what the heck they dealer was talking about and listed off exactly what the instructions were the dealer was suppose to follow. When I contacted the dealer with this information I basically got a very lengthy blah....blah....blah...waffle...waffle.....after each call I get the "WE will let YOU know when it's ready" in other words we couldn't be bothered to give you updates or justify why it's taking 6 weeks to correct or diagnose this issue....

So I am looking for a referral for a dealer who has experience with E-Tec motors, and who has shown great customer service. BTW no, this is not the dealer you think it is......and I am FAMILIAR with Free Spirt Marine so any other recommendations in the Edmonton area would be appreciated....

pelada trochu
05-08-2012, 07:54 PM
i dont know why dealers have to suck at customer service.
seriously, mine took my boat and backed it up with the leg down through the gravel. then did an inspection on the motor for me and i got it back with the bolts for the starter motor obviously removed. no explanations. they just spray painted over the scratches in the skeg. this was all before i even had it off the trailer. told me i scratched the skeg. cause they check everyone before selling them. but the day i picked it up, the trailer vin didnt match the actual trailer. Good thing I caught that. too bad i missed the skeg.

i absolutely hate the we'll call you dont call us routine!!!

if there are any dealers out there, give me a pm if you stand by your work.