PDA

View Full Version : Navionics

RapStaff
05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the difference between them.
And is there a specific pack that has better Canadian map details?
Tryin to figure out where to spend my money.
Thanks a bunch.

lindyrigger
05-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the difference between them.
And is there a specific pack that has better Canadian map details?
Tryin to figure out where to spend my money.
Thanks a bunch.

there is the regular hot maps and there is the platinum hotmaps from navionics. the platinum will show most of the canadian lakes where the normal hotmaps will show only the big ones like slave lake and great lakes. Just beware if you buy hotmaps for a hummingbird unit it might need software updating. of course the platinum will be a lot more right around the 170 mark.

Jamie Black R/T
05-08-2012, 03:32 PM
premium canada has almost all the lakes in alberta....platinum is the same thing but features 3d maps....but none in alberta only the big lakes in ontario etc....so no difference for more money if you are only fishing alberta.

hotmaps premium is the one you want...its 170-175 bucks.

BigIrv
05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
premium canada has almost all the lakes in alberta....platinum is the same thing but features 3d maps....but none in alberta only the big lakes in ontario etc....so no difference for more money if you are only fishing alberta.

hotmaps premium is the one you want...its 170-175 bucks.

X2, that's the one youwant. Hotmaps Premium for Canada. Available at most fishing stores.

Fil_Can_Yakker
05-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Got my Hotmaps Premium for $150 at GPSCITY in Calgary

RapStaff
05-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the input fellows, really helps out.