PDA

View Full Version : Whats Biting at the Glenmore Reservoir, advice, and a gift link!

spaghetti
05-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Hello!

I'm planning on heading up to shore fish the glenmore reservoir tommorow and I'm wondering about a few things.

1. There isn't a bait ban?

2. Whats been biting there? I hear theres: Perch, Pike, and a whole colourful plethora of crayola flavored trout.

3. Is it fine to shore fish/good spots to fish from shore?

4. How the hell do I even get there.

Basically, just a Glenmore information dump, I suppose. I'm going to getting my spoons and spinners ready for tommorow and going to be picking up some bait (first time I'll have used it since I was maybe 10?))

And just as a side note, I want to share this:
http://www.hookandbullet.com/
I also, kind of invite you guys to edit it a bit.. it says there's channel catfish in the glen. :mad0030:

Lefty-Canuck
05-08-2012, 05:01 PM
LOL.....you took the hook and bullet bait, each time you click on it the fish species change :)

LC :)

BeeGuy
05-08-2012, 05:08 PM
That site is terrible.

If you use the search function.......................................... .....up there ^^^

you will find lots of past threads on glenmore, some shocking photos of fish and gus in fishnets as well as spots and access points.

What's biting?

Mostly pike 1-3lbs.

You can use bait but not bait fish. That means smelts and salt-water herring are ok, but shiners are a no-no.

Shoot me a pm when youre going and maybe Ill join you for an hour or 2. The park is 7min from my house.

spaghetti
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
That site is terrible.

If you use the search function.......................................... .....up there ^^^

you will find lots of past threads on glenmore, some shocking photos of fish and gus in fishnets as well as spots and access points.

What's biting?

Mostly pike 1-3lbs.

You can use bait but not bait fish. That means smelts and salt-water herring are ok, but shiners are a no-no.

Shoot me a pm when youre going and maybe Ill join you for an hour or 2. The park is 7min from my house.

Awww, why is it so bad?

I wasn't planning on using any bait fish- just something appropriatly "smelly" if I can get my hands on it or doughballs/cheese/etc.
Why? Would you recommend bait fish?

azn_rice_man
05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Beeguy means that there's a bait fish ban at the Glenmore Res. You cannot legally use bait fish; however, other baits, as described in the regulations, are permitted.

BeeGuy
05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Awww, why is it so bad?

I wasn't planning on using any bait fish- just something appropriatly "smelly" if I can get my hands on it or doughballs/cheese/etc.
Why? Would you recommend bait fish?

It is so bad because the info is often incomplete, inaccurate, or just plain wrong.

There are better resources.

Read the reg's if you are unsure what bait fish are. Page 21-22 if my memory serves me.

You'll likely have more success with a minnow imitation lure than bait, unless of course you are targeting burbot.

good luck