PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mcgregor

SoMuchforThis
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Hey guys! Thinking of heading down to the lake during the weekends for some white fishing, anyone know what's the situation down there? Heard there were 2 major fishing operations which took out around 90% of the white fish stock... but still, anyone know what's the white fish condition down at McGregor?

ogre
05-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Don't know for sure what the situation with the population of whitefish (specifically), or the ease of getting them to show interest. However, the water in the off-shoot (from the canal) is very muddy today, the muddy water continues almost past the boat launch (accessible from the road running alongside the dam). We were out there on the shore for almost 2 hours, mostly picking up litter and having no bite.

It might be a different story if you are launching a boat for active "search-and-destroy" using fish finders.

Little Bow Provincial Park on Travers Reservoir was doing quite well today with lots of little pikes and walleyes entertaining us with their colossal appetites. Check regs and note the cordoned floats marking the closed-off section of the west arm.

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=1427488#post1427488

Mariko's Rod
05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey guys! Thinking of heading down to the lake during the weekends for some white fishing, anyone know what's the situation down there? Heard there were 2 major fishing operations which took out around 90% of the white fish stock... but still, anyone know what's the white fish condition down at McGregor?

What operations are you talking about? %90!!!!???? thats Genocide!!

npauls
05-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I can't see there being any possible way that they could net 90% of the whites in that lake.

There is a quota limit as far as I know.

The water might be murky if the levels are being raised pretty fast but other then that there is still going to be fish that want to eat. It just might not be as fast and furious as you are use to.

Mariko's Rod
05-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I can't see there being any possible way that they could net 90% of the whites in that lake.

There is a quota limit as far as I know.

The water might be murky if the levels are being raised pretty fast but other then that there is still going to be fish that want to eat. It just might not be as fast and furious as you are use to.

water is rising very slow because McGregor is still filling travers and will be till Beginning of june as per Bow river irrig dist.

water is murky because of extreem high winds on saturday from the north right down the pipe.

WayneChristie
05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
water is murky from all the rain upstream, its all the way down here, I fished the junction of the Bow and Oldman last night and there was a huge difference in clarity. the Oldman was a lot clearer

Mariko's Rod
05-10-2012, 06:56 AM
oh, ya, misunderstood. He was up at the north dam. thought he was at the causeway. Its murky there because of the wind.

spaghetti
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I Might be heading down to Mcgregor lake, this is extremely applicable to my interests.

What is the general fish population like? I'm going to be either spoon fishing it or just using a simple pickerel rig with some Fake Rubber worms.

Would I have any luck? I'm genuinely curious about any sort of advice I can get about the lake.