PDA

View Full Version : Beware of John Rudy

Bobby B.
05-09-2012, 08:38 AM
About a month ago, John Rudy was selling a 12 ft. Lund here on AO. Super Dave and I went over and looked at the boat. A couple days later, I told John Rudy that I'd buy the boat for his asking price of $700.00. I also said I would need some time to find a trailer so I can pick up the boat. Everything was set.

Every week I would call John and confirm that I was still taking the boat but was still looking for a trailer. John always said no problem, the boat was waiting for me. He even posted his boat as sold here on AO.

As of yesterday, I bought a new trailer, motor, battery, charger, etc. and was ready to pick up my boat so Super Dave and I could go fishing this weekend.

This morning, I talk to John Rudy and ask if I could come by tomorrow and pick up my boat. He tells me he sold it a week ago. To his son. I said we had a deal. He says too bad for me. I reminded him of all our conversations and he says too bad.

Obviously, John Rudy's word is worth *****.

Bobby B.

Bobby B.
05-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Did I mention John Rudy's word isn't worth schit? Did I state he's a low life who can't be trusted?

Bobby B.

Jamie
05-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Bobby, sorry for your luck.
But to understand the sittuation better, why didnt you pay him for it or give him a massive deposit?

Jamie

Lefty-Canuck
05-09-2012, 08:49 AM
That is a raw deal Bobby....your word was good his was not.

Sadly very few Men go by their words.....it used to be a Mans word and a handshake were all that was needed to seal a deal.

I was taught that if you can't live up to your word then you have no integrity. I have lived by that and try to instill that in my boys.

I know this might not be the time for humour but did you ask him if he wanted to buy a new trailer, battery, motor and accessories for his boat?

LC :)

Bobby B.
05-09-2012, 08:50 AM
I offered and he said it wasn't neccessary. He said he'd hold it for me. He said the boat wasn't going anywhere.

Bobby B.

Canehdianman
05-09-2012, 08:51 AM
It sucks that you guys had agreed that you were buying the boat and he reneged.

That being said, my rule is that if someone hasn't left a deposit, the sale is still open. I've had too many people come by and tell me they were going to buy it for sure, only to back out when payment was needed.

No Deposit, no hold.

Jamie
05-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I offered and he said it wasn't neccessary. He said he'd hold it for me. He said the boat wasn't going anywhere.

Bobby B.

WOW.. Really.........
Thats a CRAPPY CRAPPY deal......

Jamie

JohninAB
05-09-2012, 09:01 AM
That sucks Bobby. Sorry to hear that you were shafted so.

Redfrog
05-09-2012, 09:02 AM
A deposit makes sense, but I've dealt with guys who say don't worry about it and it has worked out ok. On the flip side I've done an EMT deposit and then had the guy sell to someone else and simply refund my deposit. He thought that was all good. :thinking-006:

It come down to what man can live with. Either your word is good or it's not. No one gonna sue over a $700 boat.

Bobby B.
05-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Here's the heart of the matter. John Rudy had 2 boats and 2 trailers. He wanted to sell the 12 ft. Lund that was sitting on an old trailer. He wanted $700.00 for the 12 ft Lund and $200.00 for the trailer. He said the reason for the 2 boats was the 16 ft was for general use and the 12 ft he pulled behind his quad when he went into remote lakes. He had no real use for the 12 ft. as his son was no longer interested in fishing or hunting as his only pursuit was girls.

I agreed to buy his boat as it was in good shape but not the trailer as it was very rough. He accepted my offer of $700.00 to buy. I said I would pick up the boat as soon as I secured a trailer. He said no problem.

I stayed in touching to confirm I wanted the boat. He said no problem the boat wasn't going anywhere and he would hold it for me. He posted his boat as sold here on AO.

I continued to phone and confirm the sale of his boat to me but was still looking for a trailer. I offered to pay for it but he said not to worry the boat wasn't going anywhere.

I buy a new trailer and John call to arrange to pick up my boat. He tells me he sold it to his son.

I fully understand the pain it is to sell something. I'm fully aware of how many times someone says they will come by to view the item for sale, or will buy it, or something but then the seller never hears from them. That's why I stayed in touch with John Rudy reminding him I would take the boat.

John Rudy word is worth schit.

Bobby B.

Jar4500
05-09-2012, 09:23 AM
You bob want a new boat for used price a person that has a roofing compony cant get a truck or trailer for over a month i dont buy it .

Lefty-Canuck
05-09-2012, 09:29 AM
You bob want a new boat for used price a person that has a roofing compony cant get a truck or trailer for over a month i dont buy it .

What the guy does for work has nothing to do with it....if he is buying a trailer once for a specific boat, he likely wants to get the right one. Have you never had to wait for something to come into stock?

If a Man say he will buy it....the other Man says he will hold it....nuff said....deal done and closed the rest is details (or it should be).

The man said he would buy it, got things in place and the other guy pulled back and said NO, after giving his word. Bad way to do business IMHO.

LC

TROLLER
05-09-2012, 09:39 AM
The best thing is to of paid for it and hauled it the heck outta there. Not a big deal to load it on a truck.

But hindsite is something that would have made us all rich.

On the other side of the coin, what ya gonna do when your son says don't sell that boat dad, i want it.

Jamie
05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
On the other side of the coin, what ya gonna do when your son says don't sell that boat dad, i want it.

Teach him about a mans word??????

Sorry Son, I have made a comitment to sell our old boat to Bobby. But if your still interested in going out perhaps we can find another one.
I will tell you what, even though the reason I sold the boat was becouse you didnt want to head out any more I will cut a deal with you. You pay half, I pay half and we can go in together on a new one.

And thats how I would deal with it. Lots of raising going on in the above statement.

Jamie

Bobby B.
05-09-2012, 09:53 AM

Well, if it isn't John Rudy the scumbag himself. Looks like some more BS from you, you bag of schit.

First off, you were selling a used boat not a new boat, and you wanted $700.00 for it. I agreed to pay your asking price. I was there with my truck and asked if your boat would fit in my truck and you said no.

Don't try and lie or bull**** your way out of this. Your word is worth schit and you know it. You want to act like a dirtbag, I'm going to treat you like one. Scumbag.

Bobby B.

topgun2269
05-09-2012, 09:55 AM
to bad!!!! John shame on you for doing this!!! I would guarantee that John did not sell the boat to his son. He got for the boat from another person.

Bobby B.
05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Teach him about a mans word??????

Sorry Son, I have made a comitment to sell our old boat to Bobby. But if your still interested in going out perhaps we can find another one.
I will tell you what, even though the reason I sold the boat was becouse you didnt want to head out any more I will cut a deal with you. You pay half, I pay half and we can go in together on a new one.

And thats how I would deal with it. Lots of raising going on in the above statement.

Jamie

Exactly. Well said, Jamie.

Act like a man, be treated like a man. Act like a scumbag liar, be treated like a scumbag liar. It's everyone's choice of how they want to act and how they want to be treated.

Bobby B.

pechetr
05-09-2012, 10:24 AM
At the very least, give a guy a call and say "I'm sorry, my son decided he wants the boat so you don't need to go out and buy a trailer. "

canoes
05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
If your still looking for a boat,, here is one on kijji, not my boat,, was just poking around on there for a rototiller.

http://reddeer.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-canoes-kayaks-paddle-12ft-aluminum-fishing-boat-W0QQAdIdZ369384948

hope you find some that floats:)

Larry

Alberta Bigbore
05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
this thread will not be deleted...but it will be closed as the point of the post has been made.

The is very unfortunate what happened. Leftykcanuck and I did a deal on some like new tires... On a man's word.. I even forgot about them.. But the deal was made.

I suggest you use the trader rating system for the seller, and just remember that when buying anywhere.... Especially online... Its buyer beware.

:)