PDA

View Full Version : Looking to learn

SportHuntingHelp
05-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I will try and keep this question as short as possible. I have been hunting for a number of years but have always took my harvest to the butcher and any mounts done by a professional. I have always been interested in learning how to butcher my own meat. Maybe even try some taxidermy (euro mounts etc). I have watched a view videos and read a few articles on the subject. I am wondering if you have any insight on courses, or recomended reading materials to start to learn some of these techniques. Any insight from thoose of you who already do this would be great.

sheephunter
05-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Several of the Fish and Game Clubs run wild game butchering seminars each year. You might want to check with a few in your area.

recce43
05-09-2012, 12:56 PM
to bad you live down here i would teach you how to do it there is a couple of good dvd out there that cabellas sells that teach you how to butcher acut and wrap

SportHuntingHelp
05-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the replies. I am looking into the hunting clubs to see what is offered. Unforunately the person who was going to teach me lives in Calgary and I moved to Edmonton for work.

dennisb
05-09-2012, 01:51 PM
this may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijmge8_NJw

livinthedream
05-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Love that video! If it was only that easy and quick!! Still a lot of cutting, trimming and packaging left to do. That guy's knive and hook seems like a natural extension of his hands.