PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake

Mark
05-09-2012, 03:48 PM
I was at Beaver Lake yesterday and there was lots of dead plant material floating all over the lake. In fact is was so thick and abundant that it was difficult it keep your flies clean. I've never fished Beaver this early, so I'm not sure if this is normal. Has anyone else ever seen this?

ericlin0122
05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I was at Beaver Lake yesterday and there was lots of dead plant material floating all over the lake. In fact is was so thick and abundant that it was difficult it keep your flies clean. I've never fished Beaver this early, so I'm not sure if this is normal. Has anyone else ever seen this?

it's normal. it's just gonna get worse, then clean up.

Piker
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Usually when there is lots of wind during ice break up it will tear out all the weeds that were frozen in. Here in the south depends on how much ice also. The lake where I camp the weeds are gone this spring but not last year. Piker

Bigtoad
05-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Might be turning over.

How was the fishing?

duffy4
05-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Might be turning over.

How was the fishing?

You should explain "turn over" as some of the anglers may not know about the spring and fall condition of "turn over" And summer stratification.

Mark
05-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Slow, caught 4 or 5 around 16 or so inches... nothing big. Really light takes. Water temp was around 48 degrees.