PDA

View Full Version : best trout fishing bait?

coyotezh
05-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I would try worms, the little ones with reddish color.. what do you think?

NSRfishing
05-09-2012, 05:59 PM
sucker chunk

bain
05-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Bacon!!:sign0111:

the olds fisherman
05-13-2012, 10:17 AM
if bait is allowed flip some rocks in the water and the stone fly nymps work best

Pikecrazed
05-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I've recently started making my own bait that works better than the power bait I have it's made up of flower salt olive oil and water and then add what you think the fish want to eat I made a smoothy made of suckers and it worked great

Dgirl
05-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I know there's a good feeling that comes from making your own bait. Little cat food and flour balls do work. However, I confess I'm a fan of something a little cleaner like the $7 jar of Berkley floating salmon eggs. Don't want to ruin the manicure, (j/k), the bait STAYS on the hook for multiple trout hits and it can always be refreshed with attractant. And in my experience it has outperformed PowerBait, course that's anecdotal.

Kingfisher
05-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Didn't you read the regs? This year there is a total bait ban in all of Alberta.

Dgirl
05-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I know there's a good feeling that comes from making your own bait. Little cat food and flour balls do work. However, I confess I'm a fan of something a little cleaner like the $7 jar of Berkley floating salmon eggs. Don't want to ruin the manicure, (j/k), the bait STAYS on the hook for multiple trout hits and it can always be refreshed with attractant. And in my experience it has outperformed PowerBait, course that's anecdotal.

Forgot to add that unlike PowerBait when the wind blows it back to shore you can use it over and over again. Caught multi-trouts on the same piece of bait this way which IMHO makes up for the initial pricy cost. Course, some people would find it too much effort to pick it up from the shoreline.

Vega21
05-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Garlic shrimp. And is that true that theres a bait ban for all of Alberta?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Didn't you read the regs? This year there is a total bait ban in all of Alberta.

Lol 75%. Of anglers would be lost , I know on some species I would be but othes not so much .

climid
05-14-2012, 11:16 AM
ealy depends, I get quite a few nibbles on Hooks baited with Worm. It seems to be the best all natural bait.

However, there is also quite a few nibles when im fishing for stoked fish with powerbait troutmellows. Maybe they'res something familiar to them as they were raised on kibble.