PDA

View Full Version : Motorbikes and fishing

Lambo
05-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Motobikes and fishing - my 2 favorite things. Only thing is I can only do one or the other since I ride a sportbike (ZX-14 which is terrible off-road).

Eventually, I'd like to get a dual sport and ride to some off-road fishing spots.

Anyone else ride?

Ken07AOVette
05-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Motobikes and fishing - my 2 favorite things. Only thing is I can only do one or the other since I ride a sportbike (ZX-14 which is terrible off-road).

Eventually, I'd like to get a dual sport and ride to some off-road fishing spots.

Anyone else ride?

That's a perfect fishing bike, already got the George foreman grills! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

My last 4 bikes have been hayabusa's. Fun bikes, like the Kawi too.

fish gunner
05-09-2012, 10:26 PM
when I owned big plastic fantastics I fished quite successfully in europe, ontario and BC. yes you can only access easily walked to spots. zip tie thru the passenger foot peg hinge around your rod tube then another around the signal light stock to the rod tube. 20¢ rod storage solution. gear in a back pack good to go. 2 gsxr's a CB 900 and a CBR 6. minimal but effective. where there's a will there's a way.

jkind
05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
I ride an '08 Hayabusa with luggage and can ride to most of the spots I usually fish...don't like to ride on gravel either :eek:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z249/jkind58/SANY0166.jpg

I am saving up for a Yakima Rack and Roll trailer so I can haul my Kayak behind the Busa.

Jim

Xiph0id
05-09-2012, 11:19 PM
I have a retractable rod that I bungee tie to the back of my bike to fish the NSR.

Shaggy
05-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Next time you are up for a little of both, let me know. I like to pack up my fly rod, head down the 1A west of Cochrane, turn at the Sebee corner and hit #40 and fish the Kananaskis lakes. My rod breaks down into 20" sections and I put it into a piece of PVC pipe. I carry it over my shoulder in my Primos bow sling. Flies, reel and lunch go in the backpack. Then finish the ride with the loop around to Longview.

We could even do Gap Lake or one of those of the 1A.

BTW I am now riding a SV 650s.

tight line
05-10-2012, 10:00 AM
4 piece rod on a backpack, and i can get into some pretty tight spots on my Cr250...lol