PDA

View Full Version : Sherwood Park trout pond

tallguy
03-25-2008, 02:18 PM
i belive its called Broadmmor lake, next to the high school and the rinks; does anybody know if its still stocked with rainbows every spring? havnt been there since i was a kid and cant seem to find any info on it? phoned county ect. ect. anyone know?

Alberta Bigbore
03-25-2008, 02:51 PM
dont they still have a little derby out there?? some risers last summer so i suppose they still do. Beaumont might be a better bet though, smaller, and some decent sized fish time to time. hammered them pretty good early season last year

tallguy
03-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Cheers AB. Ya, i thought i heard something about a derby, but wasnt sure. Man i loved fishing there as kid, caught my first fish ever there:)

Alberta Bigbore
03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
used to have some decent days there too. think i used to fish off the concrete steps on the one side, LOL. think the place is a bit to large to get alot of hits in one day though. Give Beaumont a try, small spoons/spinners, dries and nymphs were all catching last year. I used to even hit Lacombe park pond in St Alberta back in the day until someone dumped thier gold fish and koi in there

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-25-2008, 04:17 PM
You wanna hit up a good little trout pond go to Cardiff just outside of Moronville :lol: :lol: theres some healthy rainbows in there some as large as 12 pounds, thats my personal largest outta there, and when in doubt theres always the perch which are fun.Our group is thinking about having a derby at Cardiff this summer , for the Augist long weekend , for kids and familys , as all funds would be going to the Stollery childrens hospital and of course we would have prizes but were still working on the rest of the details.

bearbait
03-25-2008, 08:09 PM
i agree cardiff is a great little pond for big bows...used to flyfish it all the time...but then hasse used to rock as well...not anymore...damn stickle backs!!

tallguy
03-26-2008, 07:50 AM
You wanna hit up a good little trout pond go to Cardiff just outside of Moronville :lol: :lol: theres some healthy rainbows in there some as large as 12 pounds, thats my personal largest outta there, and when in doubt theres always the perch which are fun.Our group is thinking about having a derby at Cardiff this summer , for the Augist long weekend , for kids and familys , as all funds would be going to the Stollery childrens hospital and of course we would have prizes but were still working on the rest of the details.

Hey john, could you keep me updated on that? that sounds like something i'd like to be a part of, and bring the little guy too. Cheers.

mud slug
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
someone told me the lake in nottingham had trout in it

foxracing_23
03-26-2008, 08:11 PM
no, broadmore lake is disgusting, it is full of algae, and the last derby two years ago one, gross little trout was caught, the guy won all of the prizes from the one fish.