PDA

View Full Version : Pre Stock Phyllis

tight line
05-10-2012, 11:21 AM
put a couple days in at Phyllis in my pontton boat (Tues-Wed). figured the Broods would be hungry and not hesitate to hit...i was wrong...apparently ice off(last fri.) they were hitting good, but they really seemed to slow down. The water temp was pretty cold so not alot of hatches going on yet, mosquitos was all i seen. had some come in but turned away from my mosquito( probably the 10lb tippet i had on...lol) caught little ones and perch on bead heads first day. went and got some 4 & 6 lb tippet as i didnt bring any, and had better luck on Wed. switched to bead headed nymphs & leetches, Caught 2 that were 4 & 5 lb. had one on in the 8-10lb range and he snaped me off trying to land him(no net and 4lb tippet...). Alot of casting for a couple Bows... After a good winter of lake Trout fishing it was a big change to fish for picky stocked rainbows...but got me back up to speed with the fly rod! lol, they will be stocking it in the next couple days apparently. Cant upload my pics for some reason, they were ugly fish anyway...lol