PDA

View Full Version : Info about Twin Lakes (by Rocky)

Ace
05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm thinking about taking my little guy on his first real camping/fishing trip this summer (we've just tented in the backyard so far). Thinking about Twin Lakes by Rocky. How is the campground there?

Also, how is the boat launch? I have a 15' zodiac (I can put either a gas or electric motor on it), and need a decent place to launch as I can't manhandle it too much.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks
Ace

ianb
05-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Ya twin lakes has a nice boat lauch that would work great for a Zodiac. Never tryed to camping there but the fishing is usually good. they have some brood trout in there as well.

diamonddave
05-10-2012, 01:48 PM
The camping is nice and no problem at all with your boat and trailer. It has a couple of nice public docks as well.

Fishhunter
05-11-2012, 06:16 AM
You can use a gas motor but there is a speed restriction.

WayneChristie
05-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Medicine Lake is great too, they also have a lot of lakeside campsites, lots of smaller pike you can catch right from your campsite. a few bigger ones as well too. decent launch with a 10 k limit as well

Ace
05-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the great info so far. Is this a busy lake in the summer?

Ace

Rumtan
05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
The campground is about 1klm away from the trout lake and there is a good pier to use there. There are perch mixed in with the trout. We trolled worms slowly and had really good luck there. Its a fun spot for kids to try fishing......my wife caught her first fish there. Ask at the campground whats working for bait, they were helpful. Its not too busy as most just use the pier to fish.

duffy4
05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
The campground is about 1klm away from the trout lake and there is a good pier to use there. There are perch mixed in with the trout. We trolled worms slowly and had really good luck there. Its a fun spot for kids to try fishing......my wife caught her first fish there. Ask at the campground whats working for bait, they were helpful. Its not too busy as most just use the pier to fish.

There is camping right at the lake. Were you camping at Crimson lake (nearby) and fishing at Twin lake?

I have never camped there and have never had much luck fishing there.
Unless you are set of fishing for trout, I would recommend Medicine lake for camping, boating and the possibility to catch some fish.

mountain_man
05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
The camping is nice, can be busy on long weekends, but quiet on others. They have pit toilets, pump water, and a small playground for kids. Like others have said, the fishing can be good. My daughter caught her first fish there at the age of 3, mind you it was a darn perch. :angry3:

Rumtan
05-11-2012, 10:44 AM
We were at Crimson Lake....your right. Thanks for the reminder, and there are no fish in Crimson so we had to go to Twin. Sorry if I misled anyone.