PDA

View Full Version : going to the ssr right away! need advice on what to use?

kallsimb
05-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Hey guys, my dad has asked me to go fishing in an hour and we need advice on what to use on the South saskatchewan river for walleye/pike? Please be specific around the color and all that. All help is greatly appreciated, would love to catch some with my dad :) ps we like to cast and not still fish, thanks.

Fishfinder
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Bait:) Med-Large frozen salted minnows will do the trick for walters but beware....sturgeon like em too:sHa_shakeshout: Very rare to hook into a pike on the ssr though...that being said, I landed the most beautiful pike I have ever seen on opening day this year, awesome coloring. She was 36", never scaled her. Fatty:)
Anyhoo, not sure if u left yet but that's what I find works best in the ssr n I fish it religiously with pretty good success, I reckon anyway lol.

Good luck, let us know how u guys make out!:)

Oops, just re-read your post....you like to cast lol. Dunno there, I still fish that riv. Maybe BGSH can help you, black jig I believe will bring the walters to you, works in the NSR anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong BGSH.
Cheers.

kallsimb
05-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Thank you, caught 6 walleyes today on the rapla husky jerk in the gold pattern, size ranged from 2-6 pounds, awsome evening!