PDA

View Full Version : need a place to fish. please help

fishfofun
05-12-2012, 06:06 AM
hi i am looking for a place i can fish this sunday that i can put my new inflatable boat in, i will just be rowing it. does anybody know of any lakes that are open by edmionton yet or maybe a nice pond.

Alberta Bigbore
05-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Try chickacoo... I haven't been out there yet but in years past it was ok.

Go fish at the new Fort Saskatchewan trout pond. People have been posting about it if you scroll down and look through threads. Plus they are catching some nice trout with some good size to them.

fishfofun
05-12-2012, 07:47 AM
what kind of fish species are in chickakoo lake?

waterninja
05-12-2012, 08:40 AM
what kind of fish species are in chickakoo lake?
chicakoo is stocked with rainbow and brook trout. if you want to take a test run on your new boat i suggest hermitage pond. easier acsess than ft. sask. you did not say what species your looking for so it's hard to suggest an area lake.

fishfofun
05-12-2012, 08:53 AM
srry i dont target any species i like to catch them all. i dont actually eat fish,but i love to fish. i love it so much i even did shrimp fishing for 5 years. i think im gonna put the boat in a hermitage on sunday and see if i can catch anything. never been there so i'm not really sure what it'll be like. but i did hear they stock it with rainbow trout

fishfofun
05-12-2012, 08:55 AM
i also wouldn't mind catching some pike but most of the lakes are closed right now intill the 15 of may