PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Spinfish for Suckers in Calgary

fishingmaster2097
05-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I know this is another sucker thread. But I really want to know a really good lake or pond or even river around Calgary. I know the Bow River has lots but I have tried before with no luck. If anyone has any tips on how to catch them in the bow river. Otherwise if anybody has any other good places to get them. And what to use.

Thank You Very Much,
Fishingmaster2097

the olds fisherman
05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
first of all i am compelled to ask why you would want to fish suckers? I can tell you as for the hundreds of suckers i have caught i think i have got only one with a spinner. you need to use like a bead head nymph and rest it on the botton of the river or use a royal coachman and a maggot when and where allowed.

Jasonp
05-12-2012, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=the olds fisherman;first of all i am compelled to ask why you would want to fish suckers? I can tell you as for the hundreds of suckers i have caught i think i have got only one with a spinner. you need to use like a bead head nymph and rest it on the botton of the river or use a royal coachman and a maggot when and where allowed.[/QUOTE]

This post has to much fail for a proper reply

the olds fisherman
05-12-2012, 08:37 PM
This post has to much fail for a proper reply

and what is so fail? im asking why target suckers?

fishingmaster2097
05-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Hopefully tgis thread doesnt get ruined

Jasonp
05-12-2012, 08:44 PM
1 he said spinfish not using spinners
2 there is more then fly fishing
3 people use suckers for pike bait...

Jasonp
05-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Hopefully tgis thread doesnt get ruined

I cant speak for calgary but really anywhere that has suckers and you can use bait just throw a pickeral rig with worms and you will catch tons

the olds fisherman
05-12-2012, 08:51 PM
1 he said spinfish not using spinners
2 there is more then fly fishing
3 people use suckers for pike bait...

******* he said around calgary and the bow tell me one place you can use worms on the bow and how often is it a fly fisherman sits a fly on the bottom never and suckers are every where

borntohunt
05-12-2012, 08:51 PM
theres a deep hole by rodeo grounds,full of suckers

Jasonp
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
******* he said around calgary and the bow tell me one place you can use worms on the bow and how often is it a fly fisherman sits a fly on the bottom never and suckers are every where

Speak english and i will reply.. Btw you can use worms in the bow if f&w arent looking

the olds fisherman
05-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Speak english and i will reply.. Btw you can use worms in the bow if f&w arent looking

let me know the next time you are going to the bow with worms so i can let the wardens know where to find you

read your regs poacher:angry3::angry3:

Jasonp
05-12-2012, 09:10 PM
let me know the next time you are going to the bow with worms so i can let the wardens know where to find you

read your regs poacher:angry3::angry3:

Just left caught some nice bulls will be a nice main dish with a side of bow caviar:sHa_shakeshout:

the olds fisherman
05-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Just left caught some nice bulls will be a nice main dish with a side of bow caviar:sHa_shakeshout:

way to be clown

The-Legend
05-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I know an awesome sucker hole by sikome lake in fish creek park pm me I'll give you directions or show you

BeeGuy
05-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Hey whats goin on in here?

I hear there are lots of suckers in the crk. in the NE

No idea what the regs are though

the olds fisherman
05-13-2012, 09:58 AM
there are really no regs for sucker fishing seeing as they are considered a garbage fish... all you need to know is if the stream is open..

Jasonp
05-13-2012, 10:01 AM
And if you can use bait,

Suckers are a great fish to catch, they prode a great fight and are something to entertain you while you wait for the sturgeon to bite

bezner
05-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Gap lake in exshaw has suckers but the best way to get them is by bow fishing them....I go every weekend always get a few....real fun....and I usually go with the local warden and have a Hell of a time

the olds fisherman
05-13-2012, 10:15 AM
And if you can use bait,

Suckers are a great fish to catch, they prode a great fight and are something to entertain you while you wait for the sturgeon to bite

x2