PDA

View Full Version : Icky Fly Works releases 41 New Patterns!

Daceminnow
05-13-2012, 01:29 PM
hello all. just got word Icky has released 41 new bugs to their line up. streamers, nymphs, drys, foam hoppers & stones, and a crazy cool boatman pattern. some really good looking stuff. i can personally attest the bh king prince has been hot on the bow this past week, smacking feisty bows and a couple good browns too. check out this link or the direct link to their site at the top of the page.

http://www.ickyflyworks.ca/index.php?cPath=34

Dace

ReconWilly
05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Boobies and Flaming bunnies?!? Icky is a top notch supplier indeed...Now where did i put my VISA?

alacringa
05-13-2012, 02:09 PM
I love Icky...and some of these look great. Need to place another order, I guess. Just wish they'd do olive/white clousers! Anyway...off to get a few of these, before they're gone!

fish on!
05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
yup! wheres my credit card? haha!

newdrenalin
05-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the link. Just getting back into flyfishing. Really good prices on flies.

bbbyro
05-13-2012, 07:54 PM
It's nice to see some pike flys this time and the new energer patterns, i cant wait!!!!

Lefty-Canuck
05-13-2012, 08:41 PM
I have a few of the new pike flies....really looking forward to giving them a go next week! Will report back on the "field test" :)

LC

johnk
05-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Considering the fact that one of my original patterns is one of the forty one I'm sure the royalty cheques will be rolling in any time now....lol

tacklerunner
05-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Wow. Good stuff. That Pumpkin Head is a go to fly for you stillwater bug chuckers.

nick0danger
05-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Are the boobie flies the ones the brits like where they fishem on a full sink and they float up and when you tug the line they dive down?

Nick

Doc
05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Are the boobie flies the ones the brits like where they fishem on a full sink and they float up and when you tug the line they dive down?

Nick

Yeah, they're great for fishing on a full sink line. You can set the leader so the boobie will float just above the weeds and as you strip it, the fly will dart into the top of the weeds and then float up and over them.

Lefty-Canuck
05-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Considering the fact that one of my original patterns is one of the forty one I'm sure the royalty cheques will be rolling in any time now....lol

So are you saying those who have checked out the website have now seen your "boobies"? :)

There is a whole industry centered around "boobies" and getting paid to show them off you know....

LC :)

Daceminnow
05-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the link. Just getting back into flyfishing. Really good prices on flies.

no problem. see you're from up north. Icky's service is awesome too. a lot of members will agree that have used them in the past. ordering on line is easy and you'll see your bugs in your mailbox within a week. give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Dace

BeeGuy
05-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Are you associated with this company in some manner?

Casual, flies for promotion deal with the distributor?

Daceminnow
05-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Are you associated with this company in some manner?

Casual, flies for promotion deal with the distributor?

associated? whatever you figure Bee Boy. do you associate me with country pleasures, orvis guide to fly fishing TV program and their website, the western canadian fly fishing expo, the In-fisherman, fly nation etc. because I start threads and post on these companies as well? i'm in the customer service industry and appreciate receiving good help . finding any decent service and helpful advise these days is a rarity. if i'm confident in a company and what they have to offer that may help someone else of like mind out, i'm going to share. that's a big reason i'm a member here. Icky Fly Works is a sponsor on this forum. if he wants to advertise and post threads up he will. others do all the time. they pay to have that right. however, i as Joe Fly Chucker have no hesitation recommending Icky as from my experiences with them their service is impeccable and their website educates new fly fishers on what each fly represents. to me, that's helpful and i'm going to let members know. take it or not, your option.

so, the short answer for your buzzing insinuation is NO.

if you've never dealt with Icky before, give them a try. many members have and have had similar service. if you decide to, let us know what you think. your feed back just might be constructive and benefit another member here.

Dace

alacringa
05-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Not associated in any way, either; but I have placed several orders with Icky, over the past couple of years, and I have always been very pleased with both the product and the service.

Lefty-Canuck
05-15-2012, 08:18 PM
I concur....top notch customer communication and top notch customer service from Icky....

LC

BeeGuy
05-15-2012, 10:17 PM
NO.

Thanks for that. For all I knew this could be your company. How could I know any different?

No need to get your hackle all ruffled. :angry3:

TrollGRG
05-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Saw this post so I ordered some flies last Sunday. They arrived in the mail today. Usually it takes three days just to get mail from Edmonton out to me. They look great and he even threw in a couple of teasers too.

This is the kind of craftsmanship and service that we all want but never seem to find. I will definately be returning for more.

Adamd
05-17-2012, 10:12 PM
I also put in an order after seeing this post on Tuesday and got them in the mail today. They look great I can't wait to get out and chuck some of these bugs. Maybe I'll get out on the bow tomorrow if the weather is not to bad.

Bear00
05-17-2012, 11:53 PM

is your pattern patented LOL

Krush
05-18-2012, 03:47 AM
Anyone tried the balanced leeches yet? I was wondering when someone was going to start selling these. Do they work as advertised? ie. hang horizontally

Bear00
05-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Anyone tried the balanced leeches yet? I was wondering when someone was going to start selling these. Do they work as advertised? ie. hang horizontally

yes, bit are they more productive? no

johnk
05-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Kudos to Ben at IckyFlyWorks for giving credit where credit is due. Goodonya Ben! :sHa_shakeshout: