PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan marina needs you

fish_fan
05-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Send an email that you won't visit to fish it it's 40 bucks to launch

Do something to stop this we would support blocking 40 dollar access fees to fish the bow etc. Give us a hand up here. They are letting them put up condos and lake accesss to the public is a secondary concern.

Town councillor emails are listed on sylvan lake town website

Your help appreciated.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Contact your MLA also .

browning375
05-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Contact your MLA also .
We need to push back on this one! If we don't voice our concerns we all will loose an important facility which should be enjoyed and affordable by all public.

fish_fan
05-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Vote was last night. Not sure what went down
They want people to trailer to sun breaker from sylvan. 25km one way then drive back in boat to sylvan beach.

Owners know that costs truck fuel and boAt fuel so they can jack the price way up. Besides they don't want your 35 Johnson in their 50m private marina. Will be 100 per launch next year

It's still public access.

fish_fan
05-15-2012, 10:03 AM
marina development is approved. say goodbye to parking on site.

last year 330.00 season pass. this year none and 40 per launch.

next year what will a launch fee be with no parking. more or less???

the only hope now is for the town to at least negotiate a free rights access to anyone with a town residence. see below.

The developer shall enter into a Public Access Agreement with the Town to ensure ongoing public access to the marina, on terms and conditions satisfactory to the Town, on or before October 1st, 2012. The developer is responsible for all costs associated with the preparation and registration of the agreement

Mickey
05-15-2012, 11:55 AM
I have a question. Is it private land?

I read in the other thread that it was. Can someone verify this for me.

browning375
05-15-2012, 03:46 PM
of course they are distancing themselves from it! They just sold their souls to the devil last night and voted for the developement and the destruction of sylvan lake!

Way to go town Councel!

Deano85
05-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Money Talks

gramps73
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
This is the same thing that happened to to launch at Chestmere lake, tax payers money went to fixing it and now the homeowners of Chestmere have voted to charge a day use of 30.00 per day...
go figure...
I fought this for many months and got no where...

ReconWilly
05-15-2012, 05:07 PM
I've never been to Sylvan lake but had interest in checking it out some day, heck i don't even own a boat "YET", however stories like this make me sick and have kept me and money away from a number of locations like this over the years, its not even the end result that gets to me, but the under handed greedy kick back receiveing crooked politicians that think they're fooling anyone, thats who you need to direct your attention towards and turn up the heat,the only way to get away from it is to permanently take your business elsewhere, out of spite if nothing else.

In my experience as soon as you have to start paying for access the sooner the location becomes no longer a place that suits my fishing needs, i prefer to fish as far away from jet skiers and water skiing tourists as i can get, it sucks losing a favorite spot but it beats compromising your own morals.

The real problem is the lack of prime natural water in Alberta, a little more competition is always good for the consumer, and we live in an under served market in respect to fishermen per capita.

climid
05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
I emailed the Mayor, and just got a response.

All she said was, my email should be directed to the owner of the private marina.

www.sylvanlakeharbour.ca

So it looks like the council is trying to distance themselves from it.

I got the same email

Jimboy
05-16-2012, 08:34 AM
This is the same thing that happened to to launch at Chestmere lake, tax payers money went to fixing it and now the homeowners of Chestmere have voted to charge a day use of 30.00 per day...
go figure...
I fought this for many months and got no where...

The reason for that is they dont want joe public on their self proclaimed private lake .