PDA

View Full Version : hermitage pond update

waterninja
05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
took a lot of phone calls to different depts. but found out that hermitage has NOT been stocked yet. it is scheduled to be stocked may 17. have not seen or heard of a single fish caught there this spring.

Vigsy
05-14-2012, 09:54 PM
On twitter alberta conservation said they had stocked it? And i was there friday night and it seemed little 6 inch trout were jumping everywhere

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 07:43 AM
those ponds are for dads to take their kids fishing anyways, no self respecting fisherman should fish those ponds!!! might as well goto a fish store and toss a hook in a tank!

Alberta Bigbore
05-15-2012, 08:04 AM
What about the people that just dont have time to get away from the city to enjoy a few hours fishing?

Not to mention these ponds are a great place for beginner fly fishermen to learn how to fly cast.

Paul C
05-15-2012, 08:08 AM
those ponds are for dads to take their kids fishing anyways, no self respecting fisherman should fish those ponds!!! might as well goto a fish store and toss a hook in a tank!
Those ponds is there for anybody to use. Good place to go for a couple hours of fly fishing after a long day at work.

Geezle
05-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Those ponds is there for anybody to use. Good place to go for a couple hours of fly fishing after a long day at work.

Yup, I just look at it as another fishing opportunity. Especially since the pond is about a 2 minute drive from where I live, I could see myself going there for the odd hour after work to burn a little time :)

I don't do the fly thing though...plus I suck at open water trout! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 08:33 AM
UMMMMM, if you have time to goto hemitage you can walk 3 minutes down to the river if thats your excuse. Also if you wanna practice your fly fishing cast why does there need to be fish in the water? Still holding my ground, those are meant for families, not for fisherman to lazy to drive a little or walk down to the river. How do you people find it fun to fish in a little pond where you know there is only ONE species of fish you can catch! Plus look at the size of those ponds, any dumb @ss can catch a fish from there. Next someone will tell me they love golfing but only goto mini golf courses.

thorne
05-15-2012, 08:37 AM
UMMMMM, if you have time to goto hemitage you can walk 3 minutes down to the river if thats your excuse. Also if you wanna practice your fly fishing cast why does there need to be fish in the water? Still holding my ground, those are meant for families, not for fisherman to lazy to drive a little or walk down to the river. How do you people find it fun to fish in a little pond where you know there is only ONE species of fish you can catch! Plus look at the size of those ponds, any dumb @ss can catch a fish from there. Next someone will tell me they love golfing but only goto mini golf courses.

So, I suspect you have had great success....

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm sure there is sarcasm there, but I'm not sure what you meant, if you meant great success on the trout ponds, i've never tried them.

Geezle
05-15-2012, 08:43 AM
If I want to fish the river I'll go somewhere good to fish it, away from the pretentious people that crowd the outfall as if it's the only spot on the river worth fishing.

I'm not making excuses...if I want to go chuck spinners at some stupid little stocked trout then I will, it's quite simple really :)

edit: most people here already know my stance on stocked trout anyway :lol:

Dak1138
05-15-2012, 08:48 AM
this is a great pond to practise fly fishing and the only place around here to fish before work. it has been stocked this year .i have caught two little ones here the last two mornings on the fly.i guess i am not a very good fisherman because i have no luck on the river and prefer stocked ponds. i should be,ashamed of myself.

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 09:02 AM
If I want to fish the river I'll go somewhere good to fish it, away from the pretentious people that crowd the outfall as if it's the only spot on the river worth fishing.

I'm not making excuses...if I want to go chuck spinners at some stupid little stocked trout then I will, it's quite simple really :)

edit: most people here already know my stance on stocked trout anyway :lol:

This year I have tried 7 spots on the river, within the city with lots of luck and I dont even know where this "outfall" is ppl keep talking about.....

Geezle
05-15-2012, 09:12 AM
This year I have tried 7 spots on the river, within the city with lots of luck and I dont even know where this "outfall" is ppl keep talking about.....

Want a cookie?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-94XK-zMZLFI/Tk5ekLtwDgI/AAAAAAAADs4/dEjtNbQsvXc/s400/Cookie.gif

you can walk 3 minutes down to the river

Walk 3 minutes away from the pond and you'll find it.

And don't worry, I won't fish out all the trout from the pond...I have about as much use for stocked trout as I do for people who are unduly self righteous...

pophouseman
05-15-2012, 09:20 AM

I love golf, but only at professor WEM's in the west ed mall.....I also fish stocked ponds.......I also fish the NSR at least 2 nights a week, and it isn't at hermitage...........the outfall at hermitage is essentially a stocked pond anyway, with the 50 people (yourself included) who are proud when they catch fish there........

sureshot
05-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Maybe you should spend more time learning how to identify fish and less time bashing people. Or maybe your to lazy to learn.

Andy

Lefty-Canuck
05-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Maybe you should spend more time learning how to identify fish and less time bashing people. Or maybe your to lazy to learn.

Andy

X a bazillion....

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=132038&highlight=monger

This is from someone who has a tough time identifying fish he catches on the river....and who asks for help from his fellow fishermen (and darn good NSR fisherman at that).

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=132770&highlight=monger

Some would argue no self respecting fisherman would use a pickeral rig on the river....honestly I could give a rats azz what people use to catch fish or where they go to do it....as long as they are buying licenses, following the rules, and enjoying the resource have at er....

BUT for you to come here bashing those guys fishing in the ponds is a disgrace....and the fact you are asking help fishing on the river???

laughable at best "you are an expert" you don't need help from anyone :)

BTW.....any "fool" can catch fish on the river using a pickeral rig....even me :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Another bit of advice you should really check the ego at the door or prepare to have little to no help from the good folks here.

LC :)

sureshot
05-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Want a cookie?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-94XK-zMZLFI/Tk5ekLtwDgI/AAAAAAAADs4/dEjtNbQsvXc/s400/Cookie.gif

Walk 3 minutes away from the pond and you'll find it.

And don't worry, I won't fish out all the trout from the pond...I have about as much use for stocked trout as I do for people who are unduly self righteous...

Hey I know that cookie.

Andy

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 09:52 AM
I love golf, but only at professor WEM's in the west ed mall.....I also fish stocked ponds.......I also fish the NSR at least 2 nights a week, and it isn't at hermitage...........the outfall at hermitage is essentially a stocked pond anyway, with the 50 people (yourself included) who are proud when they catch fish there........

I havent even fished the river at hemitage you jack@ss, I live on the south side but thanks

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 09:53 AM

Andy

if your talking about the "saugeye" I wasnt even close to the only one who had problems identifying it.

pophouseman
05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
I havent even fished the river at hemitage you jack@ss, I live on the south side but thanks

yeah right... I saw you there

ReconWilly
05-15-2012, 10:01 AM
:party0052:

edmonton floater
05-15-2012, 10:09 AM
:party0052:

X2!!!

This thread has gotten a pretty intense!
Maybe its time to put the Bigger D!#K contest to bed guys lol!

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 10:11 AM
I should make this clear, I am in no way a fishing expert or even a NSR expert, I just started fishing last year and had problems identifying a fish that most ppl on this site had problems with, the saugeye. The whitefish was obvious i'll give you that!

The reason I disagree with people over fishing trout ponds on a daily basis is that is not what they were intended for, let the dads take their kids there for fun and to catch a fish EASILY so they dont have to wait for hours on end at times. From what I have heard that pond is fished right out b4 the year is even over, leave them in there for the kids dammit! This was intended to be a EASY fishing spot, do you people not enjoy a challenge?!?

I dont fish the river at hermitage either, due to hearing it is a very popular spot, though I did not know that this is where the magical outfall was located. I enjoy being the only one at whatever spot I may choose for the day. I live on the south side and dont venture to the north that often, usually picking a spot I can walk to within an hour roughly to get some exercise while i'm at.

If i insulted / angered ppl who fish that pond I dont really care, cuz I dont need your advice on how to catch fish from a pond, mayb we should put some fish in a barrel and shoot them while we're at it too.

edit: I should also add, if i'm a rookie at fishing and think those ponds are a joke, why would a seasoned fisherman think those ponds were a great idea? If you are so great at fishing, why would you pick the easiest possible spot?

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 10:11 AM
yeah right... I saw you there

hahaha that means you were there then too!! ;-)

pophouseman
05-15-2012, 10:13 AM
hahaha that means you were there then too!! ;-)

yeah, because I have no self respect I was fishing the trout pond

sureshot
05-15-2012, 10:15 AM
I should make this clear, I am in no way a fishing expert or even a NSR expert, I just started fishing last year and had problems identifying a fish that most ppl on this site had problems with, the saugeye. The whitefish was obvious i'll give you that!

The reason I disagree with people over fishing trout ponds on a daily basis is that is not what they were intended for, let the dads take their kids there for fun and to catch a fish EASILY so they dont have to wait for hours on end at times. From what I have heard that pond is fished right out b4 the
year is even over, leave them in there for the kids dammit! This was intended to be a EASY fishing spot, do you people not enjoy a challenge?!?

I dont fish the river at hermitage either, due to hearing it is a very popular spot, though I did not know that this is where the magical outfall was located. I enjoy being the only one at whatever spot I may choose for the day. I live on the south side and dont venture to the north that often, usually picking a spot I can walk to within an hour roughly to get some exercise while i'm at.

If i insulted / angered ppl who fish that pond I dont really care, cuz I dont need your advice on how to catch fish from a pond, mayb we should put some fish in a barrel and shoot them while we're at it too.

With this attitude I doubt you will ever get any help from anyone on here again. I will say though if I was a mod you would be meeting the ban hammer. We don't need these kind of attitudes here.

Andy

NSR Monger
05-15-2012, 10:24 AM
ok, sureshot, you are right, fishing is relaxing and i'm getting worked up over something that is not worth it. Didnt like hearing that my buddy took his kids to that pond last year and couldnt catch anything cuz it was fished out pretty much by september but the bottom line is.......the more ppl at the pond, the less ppl at the river.......you guys win, i'm throwing in the towel.

admin
05-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Thread closed, this is going nowhere.